“Smile!” My sister yelled making me laugh at the face my brother made just as she took the picture “ok wait take another I probably look gross” I tried to look at the photo but she hid it “I’m sure you look fine, if you really are related to  her” my sisters boyfriend joked and I rolled my eyes finishing my brothers hair.

“Meria?” Mando asked sounding confused “what?” I asked back as he looked at my covered face “that’s you?” he held the photo up and I nodded “when I said you were pretty I didn’t mean it in a weird way, I didn’t know it was you” he hurried an excuse making me laugh a bit “good to know” was all I said as we tried to go back to the ship un-noticed.

We were ambushed by what seemed to be bounty hunters and other  members I jumped into the back of the truck taking the kid and Mando with me. Shots started to ring out and hit the other bounty hunters “we can cover you” a Mandalorian said and I nodded “this is the way” he said and “this is the way” we both replied sprinting back to the ship.

I huffed once we made it back and looked up to see Greef, he was waiting for us to arrive. He attempted to coax us into giving him Grogu and we refused, even though we had the high ground I felt tiny, I dragged Mando into this when I could have let the kid go   you must protect the kid.  I could hear Anakin in my head he was so loud he sounded like he was in my ears, yelling at me.

Without thinking I pulled my blaster out shooting him right in the chest “I must protect the kid” my voice was a quiet mumble, a whisper even as I looked to the kid hugging him softly.

“let’s get going” was all Mando said not wanting to break our moment as I walked with the kid up the ladder.
.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。
𝘿𝙞𝙣'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫
We had been up in space for about an hour and at some point Meria had fallen asleep, I was worried for her she looked really shaken up about killing greet and just about that whole moment as well.

I looked back at her again, the new armor looked pretty good on her I miss the purple stripes her old armor had but those would probably return soon.

The baby made a noise at me and I moved him to my lap just as I landed the ship, the planet we were on was much more secluded and nothing ever happened here we would be safe.

I gently placed Meria’s hand in mine and rubbed my thumb over her knuckles “Meria, we’re here wake up” I gently called feeling her hand tighten around mine “five more hours please?” her voice was soft and sleep filled every through the modulator

“I guess we’re going to get food without you” her hand stayed in June as I went to walk away only for her to pull me back “I’m awake now” she called as I helped her stand up “good morning sleepy bird” the smile in my voice was evident as I helped her down the ladder.

𝙈𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙖’𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫
He was holding my hand when I woke up, he was gently rubbing my knuckles with his thumb, his voice was calm and soothing.

If I didn’t have an attraction to him before I definitely do now, but that’s not right I just met this man, sure he saved my life, patched up my multiple cuts, and spared my life but I just met him.

I gently reached out for his pinky as he was walking far to fast “sorry, I forgot about your leg” was all he said grabbing my hand and continuing our walk, my heart fluttered he was doing all of this so calmly as if he could sense my attraction and he was just toying with the fact.

If I didn’t have a helmet on my face would be red and I would be even more out of it, “Meria we’re here” that’s when I noticed at some point I had sat down beside him in a booth and the kid was beside me in a booster seat, then I noticed how close we were I attempted to scoot over but he kept me beside him.