Chapter 16: Lay Down Your Arms, Give Up The Fight

"What the fuck do you want?" I spat.

"Please! I just want to talk to you!" he pleaded. Samantha started to stand up but I gave her a gesture that let her know I wanted to handle this myself.

"I thought I told you to never talk to me again," I mumbled.

"Just this once, and I promise I'll leave you alone forever," he said, practically begging. I finally caved and stepped outside to talk to him. I shut the door behind me.

"What?" I snapped.

"I'm sorry," he muttered, looking down at the ground. "I really didn't mean to hit you. I just... I just couldn't control myself. I was hurt, angry and scared. I knew you didn't love me anymore, and I was just... So scared to lose you. I know that's no excuse, but I couldn't control myself," he said.

"Sorry isn't good enough, Gerard," I growled. 

"I lost everything, Lily! I lost Frank and Ray! They don't want to be around somebody who was awful enough to hurt you! I even lost Mikey! He knows I hurt you, and he's so afraid of me he won't leave his room! He thinks I'm going to hit him too! My own little brother is afraid of me! But most of all, I lost you. Please, Lily. I need you," he begged, looking like he was about to cry.

"I can't trust somebody who was willing to hurt me. I'm sorry. I hope you find happiness someday, but it won't be with me. I'm sorry, Gerard," I said, turning around to leave.

"Lily, please! Give me one more chance! I know I fucked it up royally, but I love you!" he implored.

"What if I don't love you anymore?" I asked coldly.

"Please don't say that," he mumbled, grabbing my wrist. I flinched and let out a whimper as I started to walk away from him. I was still afraid of him.

"Baby, please don't be afraid of me."

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"I-I... Fuck, I don't deserve your forgiveness. You're right. I'm a fucking monster," he said as a single tear rolled down his face. "I'm sorry, Lily. Like I said, I'll leave you alone now. I'll keep my promise. This was all I needed," he said. He turned around and started to walk away.

"Gerard, wait!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"D-do you want to... Um... Come in? It's starting to get a little cold out here," I murmured.

"Um... S-sure," he said quietly. I lead him towards the house and made him wait outside for a second while I went to talk to Samantha.

"Hey, Sam. I'm gonna um... Let Gerard in so we can talk. We're going up to my room," I said nervously.

"Just let me know if I need to come kick his ass," Samantha said. I nodded and went back outside to let him in. I lead him into my bedroom and gestured to the beanbag chairs to have him sit down. It wasn't exactly the most professional seating arrangement, but it was all I had. I didn't want to sit on the bed with him. I didn't want to get that close to him. He let out a small chuckle as we both sat down on a beanbag chair.

"So, um... I guess we have a lot to talk about," he said finally.

"Before you say shit, I want to show you something," I said. "Stay right there," I said. I ran to the bathroom and used makeup removers to take off all of my makeup, revealing the gigantic now-purple bruise on my cheek.

I came back out and sat down on the beanbag. His jaw dropped. "D-did I do that?" he asked.

"Yes, Gerard. You did," I responded coldly. That's when it happened. He started full out crying. He put his head in his hands and sobs shook his entire body.