Gratitude

The surrounding was already dark and very few lanterns lit the path. Though, it was not really hard to find the road back to the room as there was less obstruction on the way.

The wind blew lightly, Zishu stops ten steps before the door of the villa, put his hands on his back, close his eyes, and took a deep breath.

In all the years he was on a mission, landing from planet to planet, this was the first time he felt the air was clean, the surroundings comfortable and the people less dangerous... in short Zishu felt at ease on a stranger planet for the first time!

"... truly a good place."

When he opened his eyes again, he caught a very familiar silhouette not far away emerging from the darkness. His clothes fluttering because of the light night wind, and his long hair shouts pureness and delicateness... however, the man in his sight was, in no way, delicate but he could be pure.

If one looks at Zishu's eyes, there was light and warmth in them.

Wen Kexing, noticing the little brother gazing at him, saunter with all his might. He needs to show his gracefulness, his beauty under the moonlight... Nah! he's just flaunting because he knew how handsome he is!

After, who knows how long, Kexing approach Zishu with a gentle smile on his face which he tried so hard to maintain despite being stri- ehem... look by Zishu seriously. When he reached him, he spoke, "little brother, I already found a good rock to cultivate. I will start in two days, the stone still needed to undergo purification."

His hands holding his fan, waving elegantly, continued, "food will be served in a while. You have come a long way, rest early."

Zishu listening, eyes not moving away from the man, took two steps forward leaving two steps in between, with eager eyes he asked, "Will the Master allow me to show my gratitude?... in our planet's way?"

Planets way? does he mean their courtesy? the custom? Oh! it is good to learn new practices. Who am I to refuse knowledge?!

"Of course! little brother, it is your practice, this master can't change it at will."

His eyes twinkled, "then..." he took another two steps leaving no space in between, raise his hand, cupped Kexing's face, and slowly lowered the master's head to touch both their lips.

Their lips stayed attached for three seconds, no more, no less "thank you, Master... for giving us food and shelter."

Zishu steps back. Kexing was frozen on the spot.

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god! this little brother! what kind of planet kiss as gratitude?! ah, my lips! my precious first kiss was taken away! Though, on second thought, different countries have different practices, of course, every planet too! I can't be a close-minded person! Only an open-minded person can learn!

I.AM.AN.OPEN.MINDED.PERSON!

Internally screaming, his expression soon changes back from shock to 'ah, I understand. I am open-minded' expression to normal, "hmmm... little brother is too kind. This is what this Master should do, no need to thank me."

So, if I thank them later for the pond, do I need to kiss them all? Oh, so I need to prepare... ten lips... ah! forget it! forget it! it's just lips, what can this Master not do? hahaha... bah! it is hard to be open-minded nowadays.

"Shall we eat and rest early?"

Ah! why does this sound weird? This act of gratitude should not be replicated! No!... ha... it's hot... I should take a bath.. ehem.

"Please, you go the first Master." he gestured his hand and followed Kexing to the room.

After bathing and eating, it's time to rest. "I assume, Master will tie me on his bed right?" before Kexing could answer he added, "So, I can't escape at night. Master is truly wise. I will listen to Master as I am Master's... hostage."

Kexing who wanted to say something froze again.

Ahhhh! ah! evil thoughts... evil thoughts! This little brother can be tied on the post why does he say weird things? or am I the weird one? No! this Master is pure! it is because of the kis- the act of gratitude! What a poor guy, what did he go through to be a masochist? tsk tsk tsk... I am a good host. I should not refuse. This is healing as well! Yes!

"En. Then, this Master apologize in advance if I have to tie you."

I am truly magnificent... I even apologized! This is what a good Master should do.

"It is my honor... to be tied in Master's bed."

Ah! little brother, it is not an honor to be tied in bed! oh whatever, it is what he wanted anyway.

Kexing, open his pouch and took out a long rope envelope with spiritual energy. A rope that can't be cut.

"little brother..."

Zishu interrupts him, "you can call me, Zishu."

"Then, Shushu, give me your hand."

The willing Zishu raises his hand and a rope then crawls from his finger to the back of his hand and to his wrist, rotating three times and then knotting itself. The other end of the rope was tied to Kexings's right hand.

Zishu gulp.

"I hope Shushu doesn't mind. It will be easier for me to know if you tried to leave in the middle of the night."

Zishu gulped again. His breathing was heavy.

Kexing only wore the inner white clothes and of course Zishu too. Clothes borrowed from Kexing.

Zishu gulped for the third time.

"let's sleep now, we have early work tomorrow. We have to preserve energy."

"En." suppressing whatever flame he has inside, Zishu climb to the bed.

"Goodnight, Shushu."

In the dark room, with only the moon sharing its light, Zishu answered, "Goodnight, Kexing."

~~~

The author has something to say!

Zishu, you sly fox!

Zishu: d( ̄w ̄)b (I'M INNOCENT.)

Kexing, that rope can't be cut! why tie to yourself?

Kexing: d( ̄w ̄)b (I'M PURE!)