Promise (⊃‿⊂)

Once when Wen Kexing was still on his two legs, walking gracefully and teaching Shushu things regarding humans, he said that normal humans grow old. Their skin wrinkled, their eyes slowly turned blurry and even their hearing will be affected. Their actions were limited and their hair will turn white. It was the beginning and forewarning of the coming eternal sleep.

Humans will not wake up and will leave the earth with their body's remaining so their families and loved ones can mourn for them... and bury them.

With how things happened before his eyes, Shushu panicked in his heart. He was honestly and undeniably fearing that Wen Kexing will leave him behind. In haste, he checked Wen Kexing's face for wrinkles, his lips if they were drying, and the great master's hands if the skin shows signs of aging... and it did. The smooth hands of before were now like crumpled paper.

"No," he murmured. He shook the great master, eyes swelling with tears and voice broken to silence. "No, no... don't leave... wake up. Wake up Kexing, wake up!"

But the great master's eyes were still closed and no sign of waking up.

His heart panicked even more. He stood up with Wen Kexing in his arms. His uniform was drenched in water but this does not stop him to stride in the thick snow. Continuously giving Wen Kexing warmth while his own body was shivering, Shushu found his way to the stairs.

It was slippery, it was cold and it was a long way down to the healing master's room but Shushu did not feel any cold at all. In fact, he was numbed with other feelings except for pain and fear. He was fearing that if he did not do anything now he would lose the only man his heart had ever loved.

He wanted to run but he was afraid that he will hurt Wen Kexing's body. He wanted to ride the sword but any use of spiritual energy will only lessen the amount he was giving Wen Kexing. He wanted to walk slowly but delays were crucial.

The winds were howling and the snow pouring on his head slowly accumulated into a thick one but he had no time to mind it. Each step he took down the stairs was the same amount of knife stabbed to his heart.

His limbs were losing strength but he forced himself to walk while saying the same words, "Wake up, Kexing." It was unfortunate that no one was outside today because of the heavy snow. There could have been someone who can let him ride their swords.

"Master, Wen Kexing... open your eyes. Open it, baobei. Look at me again. Don't you miss me? I want to see your beautiful eyes. I want to hear your melodious voice... can you open it for me? Don't you pity me?"

He was talking but his eyes were fixed on the stairs lest he miss a step and Wen Kexing will be hurt doubled. "Ah. The snow is cold. It would have been nice to sit and drink tea with you. To embrace you and see this beautiful scenery. please wake up, baobei... sniff."

His vision started to get blurry as water pour down from his eyes. He had no spare hands to wipe his tears and so he blinked faster and faster to rid of them and ensure he was still stepping on the right path.

"Lovely," it was hoarse, it was cracking... it was low but it was surely the voice he had never heard since the time of the battle. He halted before he reached the middle place. His head turned towards the sound as his eyes widened trying to see if he was hallucinating or if it was real.

A hand reached out to his face, thumb rubbing his eyes gently and weakly, "Love...ly Shu...shu."

Shushu had a second of malfunctioning before his sob echoed in the empty surrounding. He was crying his heart out, embracing Wen Kexing as he slumped on the stairs, butt flat in the snow, "Kexing!" all the while screaming and calling Wen Kexing's name over and over.

"Even when you cry you're lovely," the great master said. It was not to humor Shushu, it came from his heart with sincerity. When he opened his eyes, the snow that falls on Shushu was like a background to his cold but distressed beauty.

The tears in this beauty's eyes compliment the vast surrounding covered in white, "stop crying," he said as he forced his weak arms to embrace back the man. "Have you waited so long?" His voice starting to get normal but was still weak.

"En," that's the only comprehensible answer he could give.

"I made Shushu wait for me, will you forgive this great master?" he was, with all his might, trying to coax the crying Shushu. It was his first time seeing this man bawling his eyes out. Before, he only thought of Shushu to be weak but now he realized Shushu was also softhearted.

He truly needed to protect Shushu physically and emotionally. He could never stomach seeing Shushu cry like this again. Seeing those tears pained his heart and to top it up, he was the cause of those tears.

"No," Shushu answered with a cracking voice. "You have to make it up hic to me. Don't do this again, don't close hic your eyes for so long again. I will forgive you if you do that." His embrace got tighter afraid that if he loosened it the great master will vanish.

"I won't. I will stay with Shushu from now on. I will go wherever Shushu wants, I will do whatever Shushu says... I will only listen to my Shushu." Saying it like this made his heavy heart lighten. Maybe, he really did value Shushu more than he could understand.

He was willing to do whatever the man wanted. He was willing to flip the earth just to make sure Shushu was safe. He even saved Shushu to the point of almost dying. Wasn't it solid proof that his heart belonged to Shushu and that Shushu was the only one in his heart?

Without any words, Shushu lifted his head from the nook of Wen Kexing's neck and quickly kissed the man with white-silver hair. The saltiness of his tears and the sweetness of Wen Kexing's lips mixed and exploded like a bomb in his heart.

He missed him so much.

Wen Kexing received his kiss with a warm welcome. He even let Shushu slide his tongue in and fight it with his tongue. It was giving him shivers and his whole body went hot that not even the cold wind can penetrate.

"I seem to promise you something," he mumbled while their lips entangled.

"What is it?" Shushu asked. He forgot whatever it was. His mind was clouded with fear and sorrow that the only thing left in his mind was Wen Kexing fainting in front of him.

"...to," he started and parted his lips with Shushu, he looked him in the eyes and continued, "... let you embrace me."