eight // hung up

((Michaels turn woo))

Michael sat next to Luke on the wooden bench, a cigarette hanging from his lips as Luke threw stones into the lake.

"Why are you so miserable?" Luke sighed, leaning forward to pick up more stones. Michael shrugged and took his cigarette from his lips, tapping it slightly and letting the burnt out ash float to the ground.
"Is it that girl you're talking to?" Luke asked, keeping his gaze towards the lake.

Michael groaned and took a drag from his cigarette. He tapped Luke on the shoulder and blew the smoke into his face as he turned his head.

"You're such a dick!" Luke yelled, rubbing his eyes with the hand that didn't have a dozen stones in it.

Michael and Luke were inseparable. They bickered like an old married couple but they needed each other; but they would never admit that.

The pair were just as bad as each other, expect Luke wasn't hung up on a girl who he met over snapchat.

"Smoking kills, Mike." Michael laughed and looked at Luke,
"So does curiosity," Luke shrugged and leant back on the bench, pulling the sleeves of his sweater over his hands.

"Ashton's having a party tonight," Michael sighed, unlocking his phone and checking snapchat for a message from Rory. Luke nudged Michaels shoulder with his, "Are you going to Ashton's or are you going to spend another day moping over Riley?"

Michael glared at Luke. "Yes I will be going." Michael stood up from the bench and started walking away.
"And her name is Rory, you little bitch!" Michael yelled over his shoulder as Luke trailed behind him.

Once Michael and Luke arrived at Ashton's house, they were immediately handed a bottle of beer each and greeted by a tipsy Ashton.

"Let yourselves go! Find a girl, get laid! I don't care, just don't puke on the furniture." Ashton giggled, throwing an arm around each of his friends. Michael shrugged off Ashton's arm and walked towards the backyard, occasionally nodding at people who greeted him.

Michael sat on a garden chair and watched as the masses of tipsy teenagers jump into the swimming pool. He watched as girls walked past in their bikinis, winking and waving at him as they passed. Usually Michael would've flirted back and possibly slept with one of them but, tonight it was different, Michael was different.

He didn't want to hook up with the girls in the bikinis, he wanted Rory. He felt an attachment to her, yet he had never seen her face or heard her voice.

He imagined her voice was soft and delicate, her cheeks always rosy and her eyes a prominent green. He imagined her hands to be small and her body to be pure perfection. Michael knew nobody was perfect, but, he imagined Rory to be his kind of perfect.

Michael was knocked out of his daydream but his phone buzzing in his pocket. Once he pulled it out, he opened snapchat to see three snaps from Rory.

rorytheracingcar: Michael I need you

rorytheracingcar: Michael help me please

rorytheracingcar: please Michael, I need you to help me.