sixteen // wake up sunshine

Michael snapped his head to the right and looked at Rory, he tried for hours to avoid her but his plan crashed and burned.

"You can't be Rory!" Michael whispered, taking a drag of his cigarette. Rory laughed and looked at Michael, he was exactly what he said he was, a tall teenage boy who smoked.

"Wake up sunshine, I am Rory." She giggled, pulling her legs onto the chair. Michael still couldn't comprehend it, how was his Ana sitting in front of him on the balcony of his apartment?

Michael pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened snapchat.

iammichael: Ana

Rory groaned and pulled her phone out of her pocket as it dinged.

rorytheracingcar: yes Gordon?

Michael stared at Rory, and this time, he fully took in her appearance. Her fading purple hair was up in a bun, the end of her nose tinted pink, her cheeks dotted in freckles and her eyes a prominent green. Michaels breath had left his lungs, she was his idea of perfection.

"You're real," Rory giggled again and poked Michaels cheek, "Yes Gordon, I'm a real person, with eyes and everything." Michael put out his cigarette and stood up, grabbing Rory's hands and pulling her up as well.

"What are you doing?" Rory questioned, which resulted in Michael shushing her. "You, Rory, are fucking beautiful." Michael grinned, wrapping his arms around Rory's waist and pulling her small body into his.

"I didn't think we'd meet this way," Rory mumbled as she hugged Michael, in all honesty, Rory didn't think they would meet at all.

"I was terrified Ana," Rory pulled away from Michael and looked up at him, his cheeks pink and his lips red. "Why?" Michael sighed and pulled Rory into another tight embrace.

"I thought Tyler had hurt you so bad that you would be admitted to hospital. I had never met you but I was sick to my stomach with worry and I couldn't even ask Calum how you were without a lump growing in my throat." Michael mumbled as he rested his cheek on the top of Rory's head.

"He told me to ignore you, he told me that he didn't want me to speak to you and I listened." Rory cried, small tears leaking onto Michaels shirt.

"Ana, look at me," Michael whimpered, pulling away from the hug and cupping Rory's cheeks in the palms of his hands.

"You are safe. You are alive and breathing. You're with me, right now at this moment in time and honestly, I can't believe you're here," Michael breathed, placing gently kisses on Rory's forehead.

~ ~

my chapters are so short n gross ugh

BTW this story is supposed to move kinda fast bc I have so much drama ready for this story lmao

AND Michael n Rory have been talking for a few months ((I skip time without saying sorry))

QOTC: do u want 5sos to play If You Don't Know on tour???

ily guys, stay safe and stay rad!!