twenty // hippos milk is pink

Rory hated school. She hated every single thing about the seven hours of hell they called education. The only good part was seeing a few of her friends; other than that, school was her idea of hell.

Rory ran her hand through her hair, ripping through the knots as she huffed in annoyance at the conversation her friends were having.

"I can't believe you're dating that Clifford kid," Amelia exclaimed, her eyes widening as she spoke. Skye and Violet both nodded in agreement which made Rory groan in annoyance. "We're not dating," She huffed, "We're just really good friends!" Rory shrugged. The three girls raised an eyebrow at Rory, smirks pulling at their lips.

Rory rolled her eyes at all three of them before grabbing her bag and leaving the cafeteria.

~

Skipping classes wasn't a new thing for Rory, so ditching English to go back home was a regular thing.

Rory pulled the sleeves of Michaels sweater over her hands and walked out into the parking lot, watching the ground as she walked.

"Hey, Princess." A familiar voice shouted. Rory looked up to see Michael leaning against his car, a cigarette placed between his fingers and his hair pushed back out of his eyes.

"Why are you here, Gordon?" Rory grinned, keep her distance from Michael. He took one last drag from his cigarette before flicking it to the ground and stomping the butt out.

Michael continued to walk over to Rory and didn't stop until his chest was pressed against Rory's.

"Can't I pick up my girl from school?" He smirked, his hands finding their way to Rory's waist, fingers fumbling underneath her jumper and drawing circles on the skin of her hips.

"I'm not your girl, Michael. Calum doesn't want us to be together." Rory sighed, attempting to back away from him but failing miserably as he pulled her body even closer to his. He wrapped his arms tight around her waist and leant down so his lips were against the shell of Rory's ear.

"You weren't saying that when you let me sleep in your bed, when you let me hold you." Michael whispered, his lips trailing from Rory's ear down to her sweet spot below her jawline.
Rory bit her lip and pushed her hands against his chest, pushing his chest back from hers.

"Michael, what if Calum finds out?" Rory sighed, running one of her hands through her hair again.

Michael pulled Rory close again and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. "I've told you Ana, I do not care." His voice muffled as he spoke.

"I don't even know that much about you." Rory whispered, remembering that she was supposed to be ditching school and not hugging Michael in the parking lot. Michael stood up straight and cupped her face in his hands.

"Come and get to know me then. You make me so curious Ana. I want to know more about you." Michael whispered, pressing his forehead to Rory's.

"I want to know what season is your favourite, what kind of movies you like and your most embarrassing memories. I want to hear little stories about your childhood and why you have a tattoo behind your ear." Michael smiled, his dimples showing ever so slightly. Rory's heart pounded in her chest, the beats making it feel as if it was in her throat.

"Okay." She smiled softly, placing her hands over his and lacing their fingers together.

~

"So let me get this straight, Calum convinced you to get a tattoo while you were drunk?" Michael laughed as he grabbed another handful of fries. Rory grinned and nodded, twisting the ends of her hair between her fingers.