fourteen // great aunt florence

Rory wasn't entirely sure how Tyler got into the apartment, all she knew was that he left his mark and got what he wanted, a terrified Rory and an angry Calum.

Calum paced back and forth in the living room of the apartment, not caring if he stood on the smashed lamps or the torn sofa pillows.

"Who the fück does he think he is? Coming into our apartment and trashing it!" Rory shrugged and sighed, "Pacing around isn't going to clean this up, call the guys or something." Calum stopped and looked at Rory.

The purple hair girl glared at Calum before standing up from her spot on the sofa and walking to stand in front of him, her small arms wrapping around his toned waist, burying her face in his chest.

"We're safe, we're alive and we're together, that's all that counts, okay?" Rory mumbled, clinging onto Calum like her life depended upon it. Calum sighed and wrapped his arms around Rory's shoulders, resting his cheek on the top of her head, he knew she was right.

"I guess. Let's just stay at Luke's tonight or something, I don't want you to be here." Rory pulled back from Calum and looked up at him.

"Luke?" Calum nodded, "Is that a problem?" Rory shook her head and sighed, she was not sure if she was concerned about staying at Luke's since she didn't know Luke but if it meant that Calum was safe, then she would stay anywhere to keep him safe.

~

After a two hour drive consisting of off key singing and various pee breaks, Calum and Rory arrived at Luke's apartment. They knocked on the door of Luke's apartment and stood there for a second, glancing warily at each other as muffled yelling came through the door.

"Is he married or something?" Rory whispered to Calum, nervously picking at the skin around her nails. Calum chuckled under his breath. "No, he's bickering with Michael, like always!" Rory's eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

"Michael?" She stuttered. There was no way this could be the Michael who sent her a penis picture on snapchat. Sydney is a big city, there was millions of Michaels. But her Michael did have a friend called Luke, who also lived in Sydney.

Rory felt her stomach sway with uneasiness as the sound of footsteps from the other side of the door grew louder and heavier. The front door swung open, causing Rory to jump back and hide behind Calum's tall frame.

"Hey Luke," Calum smiled, reaching forward and giving Luke a hug and a pat of the back which Luke returned. Luke raised an eyebrow at Calum who simply shrugged and walked into the familiar apartment, leaving Rory standing awkwardly in front of a very tall (and attractive) stranger.

Luke stuck his hand out and smiled softly, "I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings." Rory looked down at Luke's hand, to his face and back down at his hand which remained stretched out and ready to shake.

"I don't bite, promise!" Luke giggled, Rory smiled slightly and shook Luke's hand, feeling a little more comfortable in his presence.

"I'm Rory, Rory Watts," Rory let go of Luke's hand and looked up to him to see his mouth hanging open slightly.

"Are you okay?" Rory questioned, extremely confused on why Luke looked like he had seen the ghost of his Great Aunt Florence. Luke nodded his head and gestured for Rory to enter the apartment.

Luke was shocked and he knew that he needed to talk to Michael immediately.

~ ~ ~

OK short update bc shits gonna hit the fan real soon ((by real soon i mean the next two chapters lmao))

I HOPE Y'ALL ARE ENJOYING THIS bc i sometimes waffle when i write and usually i don't make sense but i hope this story makes sense????

IF NOT, just comment on this paragraph and ill explain whats going down in china town.

i love you all and my question for you is; how did you find this fic? I'm interested to know lmao

OK FAREWELL SEE YOU AROUND AND STAY RAD!!