twenty seven // trampoline*

"Wait, why are you worrying about seeing Michael? You see him all the time!" Ashton and Luke laughed as Rory rushed around the apartment. It had been two weeks since Michael had asked her to meet his parents and the dreaded day had arrived.

"I'm worrying because I'm meeting my boyfriends parents today and I only have oversized shirts and jeans to wear," Rory huffed. Ashton rolled his eyes and grabbed Rory by her shoulders.

"Just be yourself. It's better if they dislike you for who you are instead of liking you for being somebody you're not, okay?" Ashton stressed, shaking Rory's shoulders lightly in his weird way of giving her encouragement. Rory nodded and sighed, running her hands through her hair.

"What time is Mike getting home?" Luke asked as he planted himself on the bed, leaning his back against the headboard. Rory shrugged and pulled on a pair of boots which, thankfully, weren't ripped or covered in mud.

"I think in about five minutes," Rory sighed, walking over the the mirror and straightening out her t-shirt. She was wearing a simple, plain white t-shirt with black jeans and boots.

Rory took in what Ashton said and it was true, if they hated her for who she was, that was better than them liking her for somebody she wasn't.

Rory spun around to face Ashton and Luke, just as she was about to speak, her phone buzzed.

Flash Gordon: I'm outside Princess, bring some pyjamas in case we stay, x

Rory sighed and looked up to the boys, grins plastered on each of their faces as Luke stood up from the bed and handed Rory her bag.

"Good luck, stay safe." Ashton grinned, jumping up and wrapping his arms around Rory's waist, pulling her into a hug.

"I will Ash, I'll text you guys, okay?" Rory smiled, walking out the room and heading for the front door.

"Wear protection!" Luke yelled as Rory left the apartment.

"Hey Princess," Michael grinned as Rory climbed into his car, leaning across the console and pressing his lips to hers.

"Ready to go?" He asked, lacing their fingers together, Rory nodded and slumped in the car seat.

"It's now or never." Rory sighed, squeezing Michael's hand as he pulled away from the apartment block.

~

"What if they think I'm not good enough for you?" Rory mumbled as Michael focused on the road ahead of them. He shook his head and placed his hand on her thigh, giving it a light squeeze.

"They'll love you Princess. If anything, they'll think I'm not good enough for you," Michael sighed, stopping the car at some stop lights.

Rory shook her head and decided not to argue with Michael. Resting her head against the cold window next to her, she closed her eyes and yawned.

"Wake me when we get there, please?" Rory asked as her body slowly gave way to sleep.

"Sure thing Princess," Michael agreed softly, taking his hand off of Rory's thigh and focusing on his driving.

~

"Princess, wake up, we're here." Michael's voice woke Rory as he lightly shook her shoulders. Rory shook her head and turned her body away from his grasp.

"Rory, seriously, wake up or I'll have to tell my parents you couldn't make it because you had the shits." Michael laughed as he poked Rory's side, making her squirm in her seat. Rory huffed and opened her eyes, the bright sun being the first thing to blind her as she woke up.