Chapter 19

Bella's pov

"It's about damn time." I say as I see Steve and a boy who I assume is Dustin. I get off the hood of the car I was sitting on and go over to them. "Glad you made it Hargrove." Steve says with a smile. "Well I had to see this so called 'interdimensional slug." I say with a laugh.

"Good call with the location Henderson." Steve says as he walks past me and dumps a bucket of raw meat in a pile. "I said medium well!" I hear a boy yell from ahead of us. I look up to see a boy around Dustin's age and Max.

"Max?" I ask her surprised. "Bella?" She asks just as surprised as I am. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask confused. "I could ask you the same thing." She says as we walk towards each other.

Dustin and the boy, who Steve told me was Lucas, go behind a car to talk in private while Max, Steve, and I look for scrap metal to fortify an old broken down bus.

"Hey dickheads how come the only ones helping me out are the girls?" Steve asks as he bangs on the car Dustin and Lucas are behind. I laugh and go back to helping Max.

We finish fortifying the bus and Steve pours a trail of gasoline from the meat to the bus. The sun starts to set so we decide to wait for Dart in the bus.