Chapter 18

After Steve told me about everything that happened last year with Will Byers and the 'demogorgon' I obviously didn't believe him but I did agree to meet up with him and one of Max's friends at the old junk yard today because they had 'proof.'

I groan as I get out of bed and walk over to my closet. I put on my normal clothes and brush my hair. I quietly leave my room and sigh in relief seeing that no one is home. I grab an apple and leave the house to start the long walk to the junkyard.

Steve's pov

"Alright so let me get this straight, you kept something you knew was probably dangerous to impress a girl who you just met?" I ask Dustin as we walk down the train tracks throwing down meat for Dart. "Alright that's grossly oversimplifing things." Dustin says from a few feet in front of me.

"I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" I ask confused by his reasoning. "An interdimensional, slug because it's awesome." Dustin says excitedly. "Well even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, uh I just, I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way to hard man." I say with a sigh.

"You can't say shit when you just told a total stranger about what happened last year last night." Dustin says as he stops walking and turns around to glare at me. "Bella is not a stranger." I say defensively. "I've never met her and neither has Will, or Mike, or Lucas. She just moved here with Max." Dustin says getting angry. "Exactly and you wanted to tell Max." I defend. "Yeah but I didn't. You and her could go to prison or even be killed. You know what they told us last year." Dustin scolds me and he's right.

"I mean why would you even tell her do you have a crush on her or something?" Dustin asks and I don't reply. "Holy shit you do." Dustin says and I look up at him. "No, no, no I don't." I say quickly and Dustin laughs. "Shut up Henderson." I say as I walk past him.