Chapter 12

Steve's pov

I come face to face with Billy and I dribble the basketball in my hand. I go to dodge around him but he blocks me.

"Harrington right? I heard you used to run this school. That true? King Steve they used to call you huh? Then he turned bitch." Billy says with a smile. "Hey maybe you should shut up and just play the game." I say and as I finish Billy pushes me to the floor and takes the ball. I quickly get up and watch as Billy makes a shot and scores.

"Steve?" I hear someone ask from behind me. I turn around and see Nancy. I sigh and walk outside with her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her once we make it outside. "What do you think? Where were you this morning? I missed first period." Nancy says getting angry.

"I figured Jonathan would take you." I say with a shrug. "What are you talking about?" Nancy asks confused. "Jesus you really can't handle your alcohol." I say with a slight laugh.

"Uh, you remember going to Tina's party last night right?" I ask her. "Yes." Nancy says with a nod. "Okay and then what?" I ask. "I remember dancing, and spilling some punch, you got mad at me because I was drunk, and then you took me home." She says trying to remember what happened last night.

"No see that's where your mind gets a little bit fuzzy. That was your other boyfriend, that was Jonathan." I say with a sigh. "I don't understand." Nancy says with a shake of her head.

"Pretty simple Nancy you were just telling it like it is." I say as I look away from her. "What?" Nancy asks still confused. "Um, apparently uh, we killed Barb and I don't care because I'm bullshit, and our whole relationship is bullshit and I mean pretty much everything is just bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, oh yeah also you don't love me." I say trying to not get emotional.

"I was drunk Steve I don't remember any of that." Nancy says defensively. "So that makes everything you said it's just what bullshit too?" I ask her as my emotions start to show. "Yes!" She says. "Well then tell me." I say defeated. "Tell you what?" Nancy asks and I feel my heart break. "You love me." I say as tears start to fill my eyes. "Really?" Nancy asks with wide eyes.

"Harrington! Dude, we need you man. That dushebag's killing us let's go!" One of my teammates yells at me. "Alright." I say as I hold my hand up. "Come on!" He yells and runs back inside.

I look at Nancy and she looks down at the ground. "I'm sick of your bullshit." I say remembering what Bella told me last night. I run back into the gym leaving Nancy standing there alone.