Chapter 25

We arrive at the Byers house after our short, quiet, drive and walk in. Steve, Max, Dustin, Lucas, and I all gasp as we see drawings strung up all over the house. All of the drawings connect like tunnels and meet at a certain spot on the floor.

"Is this normal?" I ask no one imparticular. "The drawings or the circumstance?" Steve asks from beside me. "Both." I reply as I look at him. "The drawings no. The circumstances kind of." He replies nonchalantly with a shrug. I nod and walk over to Max.

Jonathan, Nancy, Hopper, and a woman, who I assume is Joyce, come into the house. Hopper is holding an unconscious boy, who Max told me was Will. Hopper lays the boy down on the couch and then quickly goes to the telephone. I see Joyce go into what I assume is her room and close the door behind her. Jonathan kneels down beside his little brother and Nancy stands behind him comfortingly.

Steve watches Nancy as she puts a hand on Jonathan's shoulder. I walk over to him and put my hand on Steve's arm and he looks down at me. I offer him a sympathetic smile and he smiles slightly in return. I turn around and walk past Hopper, who is on the phone with the military. Steve follows shortly behind me into the kitchen.

I look out the kitchen window and I look over as Steve stands beside me. "You okay?" I ask him. "Yeah, I'm actually glad she moved on so fast. I just want her to be happy, and I want to be happy too." Steve says as he turns to look at me with a smile. I look down and blush slightly.

We both look up as we hear Hopper slam down the phone. "They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asks as he stands up from his chair at the dining room table. "We'll see." Hopper says as he slowly turns to look at all of us.

"We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike exclaims angrily. "We stay here and we wait for help." Hopper says leaving no room for arguing. He then turns and storms out of the room.

The kids silently sit around the table as Steve and I lean against the counter. I look over as Mike gets up and walks into the living room and picks something up off of an end table. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" He asks and that catches the kids attention. "Really?" Lucas asks surprised. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. And then he had a fundraiser for equipment." Mike says and all the kids look down sadly. "Mr. Clark learned everything from him." He says as he walks back into the kitchen.

"Pretty awesome right?" Mike asks the kids and they all reply with a 'yeah' and a nod. Mike then sits down a blue cube puzzle on the table and we all look at him. "We can't let him die in vain." Mike says seriously as he looks at Max, Lucas, and Dustin.

"Well what do you wanna do Mike?" Dustin snaps at him. "Alright, the chief's right on this. We can't stop those demodogs on our own." Dustin says defeatedly and we all give him a confused look at the name.

"Demodogs?" Max questions. "Demogorgon. Dogs. Demodogs." Dustin explains making hand gestures for each word. "It's like a compound." Dustin further explains and then continues to ramble on. "Okay." Max says to make him stop. Dustin puts his hands down and looks down dissapointedly.

"I mean when it was just Dart maybe." Dustin begins before being cut off. "But there's an army now." Lucas finishes for him. "Percisley." Dustin says with a nod. "His army." Mike says quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask him as we all turn to look at him. "His army." Mike says louder than before with a look of realization.

Authors note
---------------------
Sorry for not updating a lot recently. I have had to do a lot of studying and homework for school. And I have band practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and football games on Fridays so I don't have to much time during the week. I will try to start posting more though. I am also going to start posting longer chapters. Thanks again for all the support.