12

Follow the white rabbit

Vernon

As

Glitch

《Hacking》

Vernon was born mute, so as a kid he depended on writing things down since he moved to Korea when he was 5.

And couldn't handle learn Korean sign language along side learning how to write Korean aswell.

But as a teenager, he couldn't continue to carry around a pen and paper, so he became a bit of a social outcast all throughout highschool.

And he spent all his time in the computer room, which lead to him becoming very skilled at hacking.

And that's how he met Seungkwan.

It was junior year, Seungkwan was such a social butterfly that the poor boys grades were SUFFERING- LIKE HORRIBLY.

So he turned to Vernon for help, not for studying, no that was too much work for Seungkwan, he asked Vernon to hack into the grade book.

'I can do that.' Vernon wrote down on the notebook as Seungkwan's face lit up.

"Thank you so much for helping me Hansol." Seungkwan smiled as he hugged Hansol tightly, startling the younger.

"Sorry! I'm a hugger!" Seungkwan apologized. "But I do appreciate you helping me." He smiled as he sat down next to Vernon.

'How did you know my names Hansol?' He wrote down, confusion on his face.

"I- Uh looked you up in the year book. Hansol Chwe." Seungkwan smiles. "Unless you prefer to be called something different?" He asked.

'Hansol is fine.' Vernon smiled, normally he went by Vernon, which is his middle name, but Seungkwan calling him Hansol just sounded right.

After helping Seungkwan with his grades he thought the older would just up and abandon Vernon, go back to his social friends.

But he stuck with Vernon all throughout highschool, and even when they graduated; the 2 moved in together.

Vernon kept up his computer knowledge, which lead them down a chaotic path. And sooner or later, Vernon was one hell of a hacker.

Vernon was out one day picking up a food order for Seungkwan, he was currently sitting down waiting when someone sat down infront of him.

"Hello Hansol." The older male said, as Vernon's eyes widened, no one but Seungkwan called him Hansol.

'Can I help you?' Vernon typed on his notes app, showing the screen to the stranger.

"Yes, we could use your help, with finding some information... online." The man said.

Oh shit. Vernon thinks to himself, no one outside of his time in highschool has reached out to him about his hacking.

"Don't worry your not busted. We just need your help." The male said as they called Vernon's order number.

"Here, my name is Charmer, I'll see you in 3 days." Charmer said handing a card to Vernon.