Diane and wolf

"Hey" wolf said softly to Diane as they pulled into the driveway of her house.

he'd noticed diane had been lost deep in
thought for nearly the whole drive.

"You okay?"

"No, she sighed, "I'm not okay! I am very unokay, I just left the only friends I've ever had. What am I doing?"

Wolf sighed. "I know this can't be easy. To leave everything behind for a kid."

"Do you?" Diane snapped back.

"I was the best thief in the world," he reminded her.

"Fast, fearless, inventive. I just had one thing left to steal The Golden Dolphin.."

Diane nodded, "So you went after it-"

"I didn't just go after it. I had it. And a clear escape route."

Wolf thought back to that night, how he'd had
Everything he thought he'd ever wanted in the palm of his Paw- but then the guilt set in. The worry. The regret.

"All I saw in the end was that big bad scary wolf they always told me I was.I changed everything. So I dropped the Dolphin and
left but then suddenly as I was leaving"

Wolf was walking outside when he saw this car coming towards a 10 year old kitten.

"AH" he heard her scream and quickly saves her.

"Just like you...I saved this little girl and when she hugged, my tail wagged and I started to have this good tingling inside me"

The baby kitten smiled at wolf and hugged him, it made him smile.

"It just felt good to be loved instead of hated and feared.

He then sees Then he meets her dad, a thin, tall orange male cat with yellow stripes, wearing a gray business suit, who picked up his daughter, shook wolf's hands and thanked him as he smiled, wolf smiles back.

Diane was shocked. This was not the legendary story she thought he knew.

"So now," he went on as the flashback ended to him seeing the baby kitten waving at him mas she was leaving, he waved back.

"instead of hurting people, I'm helping them just so I could see the look on that little kitty's face, I'm still me, I'm just me on the right side." He looked at Diane seriously.

"You're doing the right thing. And someday,
your friends.... if they're real friends, I think they'll understand." he reached for his car door handle.

"Now, come on, Let's get inside. You look like you just busted out of a prison."

BOOM.

Before they could open their doors, several rabid-looking guinea pigs raced across the hood of Diane's car.

"Were those. guinea pigs?" he gasped, watching in shock as they raced past and kept going.

She and Wolf exchanged a look, then together they both shouted: "Marmalade!"

"Let's bounce," said Diane.

Wolf led Diane inside his house so they could prepare their counterattack against Marmalade and what seemed to be a crazy army of guinea pigs.

"So this is the hideout of the great Crimson Paw, eh?" Diane looked around, a little surprised at how. boring the place was.

Wolf ignored her, punching numbers into his
microwave.

"Snack break," Diane noted. "Okay. Oddly timed, but you do you."

Wolf gave her a sly look. Suddenly, a robotic voice chirped out of the microwave, "Identity verified. Welcome, moe?"

In the next instant, the fridge slid to the side, revealing a secret elevator that had been hidden behind the wall.

They rode down, and at the bottom floor, the doors slid open to reveal an epic tactical chamber, "Whoa..." Diane mused, taking it all in.

Wolf had more than a few secrets he was hiding!

"Holy moly."

Smiling, wolf said, "I know, right? Ah, it's good to be home"

He pushed a switch, and a whole bunch of amazing gadgets were lowered from the ceiling.

"Laser-sighted zipline!" Diane exclaimed as she pawed through all the stuff. "Micro adhesive climbing mesh! The XM2400 Radar Jammer?wow!"

"Yeah, I actually prefer the earlier model," wolf said, shrugging.

"Agree to disagree," Diane she He reached down and grabbed a tube of lighters.

She began to playfully flip it on and off
around in her hand, but wolf stopped him.

"Yeah That's a flamethrower," he warned.
"Also, smoking is bad for you."

Diane set it back down alongside all the other
gadgets.

Wolf perched in front of a high-tech computer console and began to type.

"Marmalade..." he muttered to himself.

"What are you up to, you fuzzy little weirdo? We need eyes on the city: Let's see if we can't hack into the government surveillance satellite.

"But you're the governor," Diane pointed out. "Couldn't you just ask?"

"Yeah...I could ask" Diane said, shrugging. "But then I have to do all that paperwork."

he clicked a few buttons, activating his supercomputer.

On-screen, a picture of a satellite in space flashed to life.

While Diane watched, the satellite changed directions and pointed where wolf was directing it to go-right over the city of Los Angeles.

"I am definitely picking up suspicious activity here," he said. "Switching to thermal scan."

While wolf scanned the city via satellite, trying to figure out where to zoom in, Diane picked up a Good Samaritan newsletter.

Inside, there was a map of all the charities that were set to receive funds after Marmalade's charity fundraiser event.

Wolf drew Diane's attention to her computer screen.

"Those are guinea pig heat signatures," he told her, pointing.

he hit a button, and moments later, even more red dots appeared on-screen.

he zoomed out to see more of the city, and there were even more red dots.

"Marmalade seems to be controlling them," he said. "But to do what? There are no. obvious targets."

Diane nodded. "That's because they're moving targets," she told him.

She set the newsletter map over the top of the map of. the city on wolf's monitor. The red dots were all heading. toward the schools that were waiting to get their delivery of
charity money!

"His charity fundraiser" she said aloud.

"He's gonna steal the money raised in his own name"

"It's the greatest heist the world's ever seen, There's more than a billion dollars inside
trucks, on their way to charities all over the city"

"We need to cut off Marmalade's communication with his guinea pig army," wolf said.

Diane grinned. "Hey, if there's no signal"

Wolf smiled back. " there's no heist. Put on your big boy pants, Diane. We're gearing up."

They both hastily grabbed the tools and gadgets they would need to stop Marmalade's evil plot.

As soon as they were set to go, wolf opened a set of garage doors.

Diane peeked inside and spotted the Bad Guys
mobile hanging out, right in the middle of wolf's parking pad.

"You stole my car?" She nodded appreciatively, then hopped in and revved the engine.

"Respect."

As she settled into the driver's seat, Diane thought to herself: It felt so good to be back, right where she belonged.