the truth

Lucas stood up and started to scream.

"WHAT?? WHO IS HE?? IS IT MIKE? IT IS DUSTIN??

I kept shaking my head while staring at the ground.

he looks at me with pure disgust.

"It's will isn't? I see the way he looks at you, you guys always smiling at each other." he smiled like he just cracked the case and pointed at me getting real close to my face.

"so you and will huh?" he said still angry.

I stood up and screamed back,

"ITS NOT MIKE, ITS NOT DUSTIN, AND IT IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT WILL." I said screaming.

"THEN WHO IS IT?? SOMEONE IN YOUR CLASS? IS THERE ANOTHER BOY I DON'T KNOW ABOUT??" he screamed at me in pure disgust.

"ITS NO ONE LUCAS, JUST LEAVE IT ALONE, WE ARE DONE FOR GOOD." I screamed while starting to cry.

"get out of my house," he said pointing at the door, "GET OUT!!"

I picked my board up and ran out of the door crying.

he followed me to the front door and screamed,

"I HATE YOU MAX, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET KICKED OUT OF THE PARTY! YOU HEAR ME? I HATE YOU!"

—————————————————-small time jump—————————————-

I was walking down the road to my house, I had no energy left to ride my board so I just walked. I walked up my drive way and walked up to my window, and opened it. I always left it a crack open in case Neil or billy locked me out, Neil did that once in winter while my mom was out of town, I got really sick and caught pneumonia.

I opened the window and climbed back in a lay down on my bed, I cried and cried until I eventually stopped, my eyes were red and puffy, and I felt like I could not breathe. after staring at the phone on my wall for a bit, I stood up and walked towards the phone, I picked it up and dialled el's phone number.

it ran for a few seconds when I heard her voice, it sounded like a angels voice,

"hello?" she spoke,

"oh um, hey El.. it's max." I said still crying a little.

"max have you been crying?" she sounded really worried and concerned.

"I.. um...." I did not want to lie to her, but I did not want to worry her.

I avoided the question and changed the subject.

"me and Lucas broke up.."

she paused for a second,

"do you want me to ask hopper if you can come over?" she said sounding happy.

"oh.. sure.." i tried to sound like I did not care but I was freaking out on the inside.

"okay, be right back." she said and the line went quiet.

she came back a few minutes later and asked if I wanted to sleep over.

I instantly agreed and packed my things, grabbing my pj's and tooth brush and tooth paste. I also grabbed some comics and my board.

I ran out to the living and walked passed Neil. He was drunk and was mixing his words.

"wwhere do youu thinkk you are g-going young ladyy." he said but before I could answer he passed out drunk on the couch.

I sighed at walked out throwing down my board and riding to el's house.

I got there and knocked on the door. she instantly opened the door and smiled when she saw me. Her shoulder length brown hair was slightly curled and she was in a baby blue shirt and grey sweat pants. she looked so gorgeous and I just stood there admiring her beauty.

she grabbed my hand and I felt a billion butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks warmed up.

she lead me to her bedroom like I had never been there before but I did not care, I just wanted to hold her hand.

we ran into her room and she jumped on the bed.

"so.. what do you wanna do?" she said smiling.

"do you wanna have a dance party?" I said smiling back.

"omg yes!!" she stood up and grabbed both my hands and we danced our hearts out for hours.

by now it was getting late around 9pm so we were getting tired.

"wanna watch a movie??" she suggested.

all that went though in my mind was, el, sharing popcorn,  sharing blankets, so I immediately agreed.

she grabbed a blanket and made some popcorn and sat down.

I suggested we watch a scary movie and she agreed.

I tried to pay attention to the movie but I kept finding myself looking at el over and over and over.

every time she got scared she would grab my hand and hide her face in my shoulder. she kept apologizing for it, but I thought it was adorable.

I looked over at el and noticed she was asleep on my shoulder so I paused the movie and turned it off since it was getting late.

sure we were 14, 15ish but el was honestly a child at heart, it was so sweet how she was so innocent and pure. Probably because she did not have a real childhood because she was in the lab until she was 12 years old, when she escaped Hawkins lab, that was her first time in the real world.

I tried my best to pick up and carry her into her bedroom without waking her, but she woke up.

she started to giggle.

"max why are you caring me?" She said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"y-you fell asleep so I thought I would carry you to your bed.." I said kind of stuttering but giggling.

her cheeks god red, but it was probably just because of the temperature like before.

I sat her down on her bed and sat with her.

she looked at me and asked the big question.

"max.. what happened with you and Lucas?" she looked at me concerned.

I hesitated before speaking.

"well.. i um.. I told him we needed to break up because I was not happy anymore.."

"then I told him I liked someone else.." I covered my mouth, oh my god.. I can't believe I just blurted that out.. el is now going to ask me who I like!!

I started to cry while trying to explain the last part.

"h-he got really angry.. he accused me of liking Mike, or dustin, and then will.." I said trying to stop crying but I could not.

"what happened after that max..?" el said whipping my tears away.

"h-he kicked me out of his house and told me he hated me.. he also is going to try to get me kicked out of the party.. I know Mike will agree and that's 2 people that want me out.."

"well there is 3 people who want you in the party.." she looked at me saying.

"wh-what..? who..?" I said confused?

"me first of all, will wants you in the party, and same with dustin!" she said still whipping my tears away.

"r-really..?" I said starting to calm down.

"yeah." she said smiling.

"e-even you..?" I said sure she would disagree.

"especially me maxie.." she said brushing my fiery red hair out of my face.

it happened so fast but we both leaned in at the same time, and we.. kissed. It lasted for a few seconds when she pulled away.

I immediately started to apologize but she just smiled and lay down in her bed and closes her eyes.

"good night maxie" she said with a smile on her face.