he knows

I suddenly had a bad feeling in my stomach that something was about to happen, something bad.

"I.. um... I don't know how to say this.." will said stuttering.

I look at him confused.

"what is it will?" I said nervously.

"well.. i um..." he says still stuttering.

then I feel my stomach drop.

"max... I saw what you were drawing on the back of your page.." he says staring at me.

I smile awkwardly and confused, I tried to play it off like I had no clue what he was talking about but in my mind I was freaking out.

then he said it.

"max.. I know you like el."

in my mind I was screaming. oh my god.. HE KNOWS IM GAY.

I awkwardly laugh.

"I.... I.... I don't know what your talking about will....." I say feeling my eyes sting.

"max.. are you gay??" He says, but somehow he looks happy.

I look up with a tear falling down my face,

"I......" I say trying not to cry more.

will grabs my hand.

"hey it's okay max!! it's okay to be gay, want to know something cool? I'm also gay!!" he says smiling

I look up at him and I feel like I can breathe again.

"y-you are..?" I say wondering if I heard him right.

"yeah I am!! I'll tell you what! if you don't tell anyone my secret, I won't tell anyone you are gay and like el!!" he says with a hopeful smile sticking out his pinky finger.

I stuck out my pinky finger too, and we agreed to keep each others secret.

I opened the door and looked over my shoulder, he smiled, and I smiled back. I ran to my locker and unlocked it, a picture of me and el was on the door, I smiled at it before putting away my books and going to the A.V. room, that's where we all usually met up at break.

I walked down the hallway day dreaming about el when I bumped into Lucas, then the feeling kicked in.

I knew I had to dump Lucas soon, I did not want to break his heart, i truly do love him.. just not the way he wants me to.

"hey maxie" he said leaning in for a kiss.

without thinking I quickly shoved him away and he fell onto the floor. I covered my mouth. Shit I had to think of an excuse of why I just shoved him!!

he stood up with a 'wtf'' look on his face.

"I'm so sorry Lucas! I.. um.. you know I hate when people call me maxie" I said helping him up. that excuse was not far from the truth, the first time he called me that I punched him, but of course we were only friends then.

"Oh Um.. it's cool max.. sorry I forgot." he said chuckling, "wanna walk to the A.V. room together?" he said reaching for my hand.

I pretended I did not notice and put both my hands in my pockets.

"sure stalker." I said faking a smile.

When I first met him, and the rest of the boys, they followed me around watching my every move, it was creepy as fuck so I always called him 'the stalker' to tease him about it. they claimed they were worried because I was the new girl, but I knew they just wanted to know if I was the same max from the arcade game I stole Dustin's high score at. P.S. I was.