going home

the police officer put back his radio in his pocket.

"your father should be here soon." he said to el.

el nodded and thanked him.

"el you don't need to ask if I can stay with you guys." I said.

"yes I do max, and plus imagine it as one long sleepover that lasts forever." El said smiling.

"your dad can't take care of me forever.." I replied.

"yes he can max!! he took me in, why can't he also take care of you?" el asked.

"I just don't want to be in the way.." I said in a sad tone.

"max you won't be in the way ever." el said reaching for my hand.

"that's what you say now.." I said.

"please just let him take care of you.. at least until you are better.." el said.

"I won't be properly healed for 2 months, and after that I will probably have to go to rehab for 3 more months. that's 5 months el.." I said.

"exactly!! A 5 month sleepover!" el said excitedly.

"we don't even know what hoppers gonna say." I said before I heard a voice.

"yes." the voice said.

I looked over to see hopper in the door way with a concerned look on his face. he walked over to me and sat at the end of my bed.

"how you feeling max?" he asked.

"well.. as good as you can be for my condition." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"max you are always welcome to stay with me and el for as long as your want and need." hopper said.

"are you sure..?" I asked.

"always. you are basically family now." Hopper said smiling.

"thanks." I said smiling back.

1 month later~ (yes ik big time jump)

I was sitting at the end of my hospital bed packing up my bags with el there helping.

"I'm so happy you're finally coming home today!" el said as she tossed me some clothes to put in a backpack.

"I know!! it just sucks I'll be in rehab for 3 months." I said in a sad tone.

"hey cheer up, I will go with you every single day okay? I will never ever leave your side." el said walking over to me and sitting beside me.

"promise..?" I asked.

"promise." el said before leaning over and kissing me.

a few seconds later el broke away because we heard someone in the door way clearing their throat.

once el saw it was hopper she looked down at the floor embarrassed.

"ready to go?" hopper asked.

"yeah, we have everything right max?" el said standing up.

"yeah we should." I said zipping up my backpack and putting it on.

el helped me stand up and reached over and handed me my crutches.

"thanks." I said grabbing them.

i tried my best to use the crutches but it was still tricky sometimes. el was beside me walking slowly making sure I don't fall. ever since I got given the crutches el was by my side 24/7 making sure I don't fall and I thought it was absolutely adorable.

we walked out of my hospital room and to the elevator and el clicked the bottom floor.

"excited to finally go home?" hopper asked as the elevator went down slowly.

"yeah that month felt like a year." I said jokingly.

"I'm just glad it wasn't a year." El added.

the elevator reached the lobby floor and the doors opened. el still walked slowly beside me making sure I was okay. once we walked though the front doors, the chilly breeze hit the air. it felt so nice to finally be outside after a month.

we walked over to hoppers car and el opened the door and helped me in. hopper took my crutches and put them in the trunk.

el got in beside me and buckled her seat belt, and then reached over and buckled mine. I looked up at her confused.

"you know I can do that myself.. right..?" I said giggling.

"oh yeah...." el said giggling too.

when max, el, and hopper were home~

el opened the door for me and handed me my crutches after helping me out of the car.

once we hit the traps I stood there confused on how to get over it.

"uhh.. how do I get over this?" I asked confused.

"here!" el said trying to pick me up marriage style.

"uhh I don't think this is gonna work." I said giggling.

"no!! Just let me try!" el said trying to pick me up again.

"el just set her down." hopper said in a annoyed tone.

"finee." el said carefully setting me down.

"here." hopper said helping me hop over on one foot, and then passing back my crutches.

I thanked him and then el walked beside me again.

once we got to the door el opened it and all the lights were off.

i went to take off my coat when I heard people screaming.

"SURPRISE!!" a whole bunch of people screamed.

I turned around to see the party, Joyce, Robin, Nancy, and Steve holding a banner that said 'welcome home max'.

I stood there shocked for a minute.

"wait what??" I asked confused.

"welcome home!!" Robin yelled again.

I turned back around to see el smiling.

"you guys did this for me??" I asked surprised.

"yeah duh!! you are our best friend max!!" Lucas said smiling.

I used my crutches and got over to where everyone was standing with el walking behind me.

I gave everyone a hug (even mike) and then sat down.

el came and sat down beside me.

"so what do you think?" she asked as Steve turned on some music.

"I love it." I said giving her a hug.

"I can't believe you did this all for me." I said pulling away from the hug.

"of course I did max! you are my girlfriend and I love you so much." el said smiling.

I smiled.

"I love you too el.." I said.

I leaned against el's shoulder and she put her arm around me.

outside I seemed cool and calm, but inside I was freaking out and screaming. holy shit.. EL JUST SAID SHE LOVED ME FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!

I felt el kiss the top of my head and I smiled again.

Lucas came and sat down on the couch beside me as everyone started talking to each other and eating the food.

"so madmax, happy to be home?" he asked.

I felt my heart start to race when he said 'home'.

I had never truly felt like I had a real home. in California my parents were fighting 24/7 so it was not a good home.. and with my mom, my step dad, and step brother was not home either from all the abuse that happened, but this place..? this place was home..