sneaking around

Will's mom Joyce opened the door.

"oh hey max!" she said looking at me.

"is Will home?" I asked her.

"oh yea he is! WILL!! max is here." she said letting me in.

he ran out of his room.

"oh hey max!" he said giving me a hug.

"come in!" he said taking my coat.

we walked to his room and sat on the bed.

"uh.. so why were you not at school today?" he asked.

"oh um.. it's about that.. but first I need to tell you something." I responded.

"oh wait before you ask, why is the gang mad at you?" he asked worried.

"it's about that.." I said looking really sad.

"they found out.." I said gripping onto my board.

"about what?" he asked nervous.

"about me.." I said sniffing.

he looked at me shocked.

"WHAT?? max oh my god I'm so sorry are you okay?" he said grabbing my hand.

"no.. Mike hates me even more now.. and Lucas and Mike said I'm a fucked up person and I do nothing but ruin people life's.." I said still sniffing.

"and Dustin..?" he asked still holding my hand.

"I haven't seen him all day since he found out.." I said looking at my red converse.

will gave me a hug.

"don't worry max, I will always be here for you. but wait what about El?" he said pulling away from the hug.

"well.. we decided to skip class.. and the principal found us and called Neil.. he forbade me from seeing her.." I said feeling my eyes sting.

"I'm so sorry max.. d-does he know..?" Will asked me.

"no but he suspects something.. he kept asking if I like her and accused me of being you know.." I said looking up at him.

"gay..?" he asked squeezing my hand.

I nodded.

"I think he knows I'm gay Will.." I said feeling a tear fall down my face.

"well what about el? did you ask her the big question??" he said with a hopeful smile.

I smiled and nodded.

"OH MY GOD SO YOU TWO ARE A COUPLE NOW??" he said screaming.

"yeah we are!!" I said trying my best to smile.

"I'm surprised you are not more happy!?" he said confused.

"well I am.. it's just all the emotions of Neil and the gang.." I said looking back at him.

"and Neil said you can't see her anymore?" he asked.

"yeah.. I told my mom I was staying here for a few hours, but in reality I was just going to el's house to see her."

"you mean your girlfriend." he said smirking.

I started to blush at that thought, Eleven Jane Hopper.. my girlfriend..

Johnathan entered the room.

"hey uh will- woah.. uh..." Johnathan paused.

Johnathan shut the door.

"Will I thought you were uh you know.." he said looking at us holding hands.

"chill Johnathon, I am gay, this is max. she's one of my best friends, she's also gay." he said letting go of my hand.