Neil is a jerk.

I walk back to the front of the school and I see Lucas. ugh great he is gonna want to bike home together or something.

"hey max!" he calls and starts walking towards me.

I did not know what to do so I just got on my bike and rode away, trying to avoid him. I look back and he is biking after me. shit!! I have to find a way to loose him, I don't want to see or think about him, it's hard to spend time with someone when you know in a few hours they are gonna hate you. I really don't want to break his heart, but El is right. I have to so what makes me happy, not him.

"max!! wait up!" He calls trying to catch up to me.

I take a sharp right into a alley and see a rat.

I swerved out of the way trying to avoid it, in the process I crash and fall of my bike, and landed on a piece of glass.

"shit!" I said out loud because my knee started to bleed and my jeans were even more ripped.

I try to stand back up, but my leg hurts so much so I just sit there and think. I thought about everything, how awkward it's going to be after I end things with Lucas, how much he is going to hate me, how much I hate mike, I was nothing but nice to him, and he hates me. I also thought about how much el and my family are going to hate me after they find out the truth. God.. why can't I just be normal..? why can't I just like Lucas? Why can't I just like boys? why do I have to be gay and in love with my own best friend?

tears start streaming down my face, no stop it max!! crying is for weak people, and you are not weak!! I thought but that only made me want to cry more.

a few minutes later I decided to try to stand back up and I could this time. I got back on my bike and bike to my house, as I started to approach it noticed the time, it was 5 minutes passed my curfew. shit if Neil is home he is not going to be happy, maybe he was in a good mood today and won't get angry since I was only 5 minutes passed it.

I parked my bike and walked up to the door with trembling hands, and open the door.

I saw Neil on the couch watching tv, I tried to sneak past him but he caught me.

"MAXINE." he yelled turning around "you think you can walk into MY house late, and think it is okay to just sneak passed and pretend nothing happened??" he said starting to scream.

"n-no sir.." I said staring at my shoes.

"where the fuck were you maxine? you were supposed to be home SIX minutes ago." he said clenching his fists, and standing up.

"I.. I crashed my bike.." I said pointing at my bloody knee.

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I GIVE A FUCK? I GIVE YOU A TIME TO COME HOME WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO DO WHATEVER AFTER SCHOOL, AND YOU ARE STILL LATE." he said walking towards me and getting up in my face.

"I.. Im sorry Neil..." I say under my breathe.

"HEY, ITS DAD OR SIR TO YOU." he said grabbing my shirt and pinning me against a wall knocking pictures off the wall.

"I'm sorry.. dad.." I said with tears stinging my eyes..

"don't cry, crying is for the weak maxine. now tell the truth, where the fuck were you? were you with that dumbass boyfriend of yours?" Neil said raising is fist ready to take a swing at me.

"n-no.. I crashed my bike I already told you.." I said trembling in fear.

Neil looked at me up and down and let go of my shirt, and sat back down on the couch. "go to your room before I change my mind, and also you need to break up with that 'Lucas' kid. he is nothing but bad news." he said opening another beer and chugging it.