the truth about Will Byers

el walked in looking a little bit worried.

"Is everything okay..?" she asked sitting back down.

"yeah El.. but I need to tell you something.." Will said shaking.

"what's up Willy Will?" she asked teasing him with that name.

"oh um... well.... I'm gay... that's why I got nervous when you asked if I like any girls.." he said still shaking.

the room went quiet.

"ohhh okay, do you like any boys?" she asked him.

"yeah he likes mike." I blurted out.

"MAX!!" Will shouted.

el stood up and started screaming.

"OH MY GOD I KNEW IT!! OH MY GOD WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ASK HIM OUT?? YOU TWO WOULD BE SO CUTE!!" she screamed standing up.

Will smiled.

"y-you're not mad I'm gay..?" he asked smiling.

"um excuse me will, forgetting something?" El asked grabbing my hand and lifting it into the air.

will laughed.

"oh yeah I totally forgot sorry.. but it's cool I'm into Mike?" he asked.

"yeah I don't care! I see the way you look at him! I kinda knew you were into him it just didn't really register." El replied.

"thanks El, you're the best." Will said standing up and giving El a hug.

"of course Will!! you are like my brother! well you technically are my brother!" El said smiling back.

"oh yeah! do you think your dad is gonna pop the big question to my mom soon??" Will asked smiling.

"I'll talk to him about it." El said smirking and sitting back down.

"Will you gotta confess to Mike soon!!" I said to Will.

"no.. what if he does not like me?" Will said sadly.

"I see the way he looks at you will! he's definitely got a thing for you." I replied.

"I agree with max." El added.

"you think so?" Will asked.

"I know so!!" I continued.

just then the bell rang to go back to class.

"alright I'll see you guys later!" I said packing up my stuff.

"oh by the way El, meet me at the mall entrance at 4:30 okay?" I told El.

"alright max, see you then." she said as  I turned to leave the room.

"okay love birds." Will said teasing us.

as I walked to class I could not help but smile.

I am dating the girl I am in love with, I have the bestest friend in the world, and Dustin and Lucas don't hate me anymore.. everything is perfect now, I thought to myself.

I was walking in the hallway when somebody bumped into my arm and it hurt like crazy.

just them I realized everything is not perfect.. and I have cuts and bruises on my arms to remind me of the truth, my real life. the life where if I come home late I get locked out of my house in the freezing cold, the life where my mom doesn't give two shits about me, the life where my step dad hits me for breathing to loud and smash's his bear bottles over my head, the life where my step brother digs his sharp disgusting nails into my arm when he's mad at me. the life that only El knows about, but I made her promise to not tell anyone.