Chapter 11 : Mr. Fool is watching everyone (2)

Xin Jian's point of view :

Lol. So, after creating another urban legend, I decided to go kill someone.

I think that there are too much people on earth...

Er... I mean, I went to Tingen to suddenly murder someone named Lanevus (who totally deserved it) when I never killed anyone before... (and murder isn't justifiable.)

But don't worry, I'm wearing a wig ! I won't get caught !

(Author : I don't think that's the problem here.
Xin Jian : I couldn't have brought Klein to kill someone that didn't do anything yet, could I ?
Author : No, I mean that Lanevus is a Beyonder.
Xin Jian : So ? I'm armed with one of Mr. Fool's sealed artifacts. That's not a problem. Why, are you worried about me~?)

However, while I was searching for Lanevus in Tingen, I saw two familiar figures.

Huh, aren't they Melissa and Benson ? I didn't think I would see them...

They had an unnoticeable sadness in their hearts. I mean, I don't know why but their smiles seemed fake. And I'm very skilled at interpreting smiles ! I'm 50% sure of myself there !

(Author : Huh. You know, 50% means that there's 1/2 chance that you're right or wrong...
Xin Jian : So what ? That's still high !)

I finally decided to ask them what was wrong since they were still Klein's family.

« Hello ? Miss, you seem a bit sad. Could I know what is on your mind ? Maybe speaking could relieve you a bit ? »

Of course, I am still a total stranger to them.

Benson looked worriedly at his sister.

Melissa noticed it and hesitantly replied me to reassure her brother.

« No, I'm fine. I just... »

She looked down and ended in a low voice.

« ...miss my brother. »

Benson put her hand on her shoulder and the mood became awkward.

Ah.

I'm feeling a bit guilty.

After all, I'm the one who told Klein that he wasn't allowed to be in contact with them.

I put on a smile.

« Ah~. Could you be talking about Klein ? »

Melissa raised her head.

« You know him ? »

I nodded.

« Yes, we are colleagues. Maybe I could bring him a letter in your stead ? »

Melissa brightened up.

« Ah. Could you wait a little bit. We have to write the letter. It won't take long. »

She looked at me, worried that I would take my words back.

I nodded.

« Okay. I'll be waiting here. »

They hurried home and quickly wrote a letter. Even though not much time passed, they wrote a lot of things.

Then they came and gave me the letter.

After taking it, I began searching for Lanevus once again and killed him.

That is why I am now standing in front of Lanevus' body.

« Huhhhh... »

And thinking hard.