Chapter 15 : Just Klein's affinity with demonesses

3rd point of view :

Klein facepalmed and remembered a thing that was said at the Tarot Club.

He immediately took the newspaper and saw the announcement telling names of angel and inviting them to come to his address.

Scared, he thought about moving out.

Then, Klein saw that Xin Jian came home and was sleeping on her bed so he just left a note to say that he was going out. He still had things to buy.

(In fact Xin Jian was just playing cards above the gray fog.)

He spent a pound to buy a pair of gold-rimmed glasses, wigs, and a variety of mustaches that could be torn off and stuck on with adhesives. They were disguises he would need later.

Before dinner, he made a trip to East Borough, the most crowded area and the most unsafe part of the city. He rented a one-bedroom house at the rent of four soli, three pence a week. He paid two weeks rent and a deposit, coming up to a total of 17 solis.

Only then did Klein complete all his early preparations.

For the next two days, he experimented with using his spirituality to perform rituals and create charms. He was waiting for the effects of his tiny advertisements to bear fruit.

On Thursday morning, Klein finally heard the doorbell ring.

He walked to the door, and without looking through the peephole, the image of the visitors outside appeared in his mind.

Klein turned the handle, opened the door, and greeted his visitors with a smile before the bell could ring again.

« Good morning, Madam, Sir. What a wonderful day it is, at least up to this point for I have already seen the sun for five minutes. »

Having heard the doorbell, Xin Jian peeked out from her bedroom's door.

« Yes, it's always shy and doesn't come out from behind the fog and the dark clouds. » The old lady nodded in agreement.

By her side, the lad asked :

« Are you Detective Sherlock Moriarty ? »

Seeing the guests, Xin Jian's expression turned strange.

« Yes, and what may I help you with ? I'm sorry, please come in. Let's sit down and talk. » Klein turned his body to the side, making way for his guests as he pointed to the guest area.

Xin Jian stealthily closed her door and shook her head.

"Unfortunately, that's nothing interesting. Just Klein searching for cats..."

Outside her room, she heard the old lady's answer with a rather sharp voice.

« No, there's no need. I don't want to waste any time. My poor Brody is still waiting for me to save it ! »

Soon after Klein left, she felt someone waiting in front of the door.

The doorbell rang again.

Xin Jian sighed, stood up and tried to test the clown's premonition ability holding the handle and saw Ian.

She smiled awkwardly and backed away.

"Alright, let's pretend I didn't see anything... I'll wait for Klein."

She heard the doorbell ring again a second, then a third time, and finally got annoyed and opened the door.

« What do you want~? »

She hid her irritated mood with a smile.

Ian asked :

« Are you detective Sherlock Moriarty ? »