Chapter 17 : Miss Sharon (2)

During the next few days, Maric introduced Sharon to Klein as a bodyguard in exchange of 1000 pounds.

Having mixed feelings about the cost when he probably didn't need a bodyguard, he realized that he only had the fighting power of a sequence 5 from a sequence which usually had auxiliary roles in battle and not much fighting experience.

So he pushed his decision to the day after and hurried to kill ambassador Bakerland in that time.

Conclusion : Being able to control the spiritual lines is very useful for stealthy assassinations.

(Xin Jian : Of course, I missed a lot of steps of the battle.)

After that, Klein divined whether he would still be attacked or not and got an affirmative conclusion.

So Sharon was still hired just in case because I lent him 1000 pounds (which all my pocket money coming from selling potion formulas... Sharon, you sure cost a lot !)

While leisurely reading the newspaper, I saw Klein come back from the Bravehearts Bar. (I didn't follow him this time.)

While knowing the truth, I still asked :

« Weren't you supposed to come back with a bodyguard ? »

Klein, who could see Sharon's spiritual lines to lock on her position, nodded.

« Yes, she is there. »

Okay...

I guess I'll have to be careful to call Sharon "Miss Bodyguard" from now on.

I put down the boring newspaper that I just held to look cool.

And apparently Ambassador Backerland was dead, the Aurora Order also claimed to be the culprits so there was no cringey nickname for Klein this time.

(Xin Jian : Aurora Order, I will take revenge !)

The next morning, I just stared at the ceiling and listened to the sounds outside of my room.

I would like an opportunity to be alone with Miss Bodyguard (I'm already practicing to call her like that) and I know that it will come soon.

Soon, Ian will come to the door and explain to Klein in what mess he had entangled him in.

The bell rung and I suddenly sat up.

After Klein went to open the door, I whispered :

« Mr. Fool, is Sharon still in the living room ? »

An oracle was sent to me.

« Yes. »

I nodded.

« Is the sealed artifact that can give psychological hints ready ? »

Mr. Fool answered :

« What you are going to do is morally wrong. »

I ignored him.

« Okay then support me ! »

With that, I stood up and Mr. Fool sighed for the nth time (but still prepared to do as He was told).

I entered the living room and spoke to the air.

« Miss Bodyguard ? I would like to talk to you. »

Nothing happened.

I looked around me awkwardly.

It will be hard to have a talk if I can't see her...

As if guessing my thoughts, Mr. Fool sent what he could see above the gray fog with his true vision (+the spiritual lines visible).