Chapter 38 : The mythical creatures' emotive phase

Klein tried to control Xin Jian's spiritual lines but she used the same ability to take them back.

Klein realized that Xin Jian was only defending.

Why wasn't she attacking ?

Didn't she hate him anyway ?

(And wasn't she a Beyonder of the Hunter Pathway ?!)

Klein tried to use Creeping Hunger to give her a spiritual piercing. However, Xin Jian, who had stolen his thoughts (and gave them back), pulled out Medici's historical projection and used the Door Pathway's abilities to create a closed space for herself.

Medici, who came to see who summoned Him by possessing the projection, took Klein's spiritual piercing head-on.

Then there was silence.

Klein : ...

Xin Jian : Pfft-

Xin Jian deactivated Medici's historical projection while Klein shook his head.

What do the actions of Merlin Hermes have to do with me, Klein Moretti ?

(He hoped Medici wouldn't take revenge.)

Our dear Merlin regained his senses and continued to attack.

However, Xin Jian suddenly stole the distance and hit Klein's sensible parts with her knee.

Klein : *KO*

She had stopped only defending.

By reflex, Klein punched her in the face.

« Ouch. Klein, I only made you an eunuch, why are you ruining my face ? »

Angry, Klein continued to attack her.

She was totally not taking this fight seriously.

Xin Jian sighed and used the Thief Pathway to steal some of Klein's Beyonder abilities. At the same time, she pulled out 0-08 and wrote something in the air to control which Beyonder abilities would be stolen.

After all, if only in terms of the Seer Pathway, Xin Jian could already suppress him since she was Sequence 1.

But she could use three pathways, and she had seen everything Klein had experienced, she could pull out the same cards.

While Klein could not use the ability to pull out historical projections, to control the spiritual lines, to use flame jump or the clown's agility and premonition ability as well as the paper men (6 Beyonder abilities were stolen), Xin Jian stole the distance again.

Objectively speaking, there was no way that Klein could win this battle.

Klein tried to teleport away but Xin Jian stole his thoughts.

Klein realized that there was no way he could have won.

He looked at her while searching for a way to escape.

Xin Jian looked back at him.

« Why did you begin a war ? »

Xin Jian blinked. How did he know that ? (Was it Medici or did the king dump everything on her in the newspaper ?)

« But Klein, do you know how many people died in the war ? »

Klein frowned.

Xin Jian sighed. She could see that he could not understand.

After all, it was said that there was a lot of deaths, and Audrey did die...

« I want you to know that what I will do right after is in no way directed by madness. »