Chapter 18 : Don't forget that Medici was a Conspirer

I interrupted him.

« I don't know what you are talking about ? I am from the Hunter pathway and I feel nothing like that here, though ? »

Self-proclaimed angel of the Hunter pathway.jpg

Klein : So you were from the Hunter pathway ?!

Another misunderstanding has occurred !

Mr. Fool just closed His eyes and decided to ignore everything that was happening.

Medici realized that He couldn't feel the card anymore.

I asked playfully.

« So, what do I gain if I free you~? »

Medici answered :

« Nothing. »

I waved my hand.

« Too bad, then. I came here just to scare you anyway. Sharon, Klein, aren't you coming ? »

Medici was speechless as I began to leave.

I came back.

« Ah, wait, wait. I forgot something. *creating an illusion so that Klein and Sharon don't hear me* Don't you want to join the Tarot Club ? There are a few mid-sequence and high-sequence Beyonders to harass, as well as a few angels... »

And some gods, and a great old one... But in that case you'll be the one being harassed.

« And opportunities to get rid of Sauron and Einhorn (or Medici) in your body. And to could leave here too. »

After I convinced Medici, I caught up to Klein and Sharon then undid my illusion.

We returned to the hall and Klein lost himself in his thoughts.

Soon, Sharon finished setting up the explosives and, in passing, lit the fuse.

Startled, I saw Klein react and run.

I calmly followed him with the zombies then closed my eyes and put my hands on my ears.

Klein imitated me and understood why I did so.

Rumble !

The earth shook violently, and plumes of dust fell from above. Klein's ears buzzed, and for a moment he couldn't hear anything else.

If it wasn't for the fact that he was a Clown, he would've lost his balance and collapsed to the ground.

Since I wasn't a Clown and forgot to use the corresponding abilities, I lost my balance and fell to the ground.

The next moment, I stood up as if nothing had happened.

I sneezed repeatedly because of the dust flying in the air.

Klein walked to the entrance and confirmed that it was completely blocked.

« Let's call it a day. »

With an exaggerated snap of his fingers, Klein led the three zombies back to the basement of the house. As for Sharon, she had already disappeared.

In the spacious basement, Millet Carter was nervously pacing back and forth, looking at the secret door from time to time.

As soon as he saw Detective Moriarty and his assistants exit, he let out a long breath and asked anxiously :

« What happened inside ? »

Well, I traumatized an evil spirit at the angel level before convincing Him to join a secret organization. After that, a certain wraith just destroyed your underground structure with explosives.