Chapitre 19 : Confrontation

Another Tarot Club passed by and Klein still didn't know that Miss Devil was Xin Jian. To reduce the odds of Sharon being recognized by Klein, Sharon made her grand entry one week after Medici. Even if she was recognized in the end, the chance of Xin Jian being recognized as Miss Devil would decrease since Sharon did not join immediately after Xin Jian met her but one week later.

Royal Museum, Emperor Roselle Memorial Exhibition :

Klein sneaked into the Museum and went to the second floor.

He arrived right above the restored study, spread his arms wide, fell forward, and silently lay on the ground.

His illusory and transparent figure quickly faded into the ground.

On the crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling on the first floor, a faintly discernible human face suddenly appeared.

The strange face overlooked the exhibition hall, its eyes constantly moving, taking in the scenery of every corner in the area.

After checking that there weren't any Beyonders or security personnel in the room, Klein penetrated the ceiling and descended in front of Roselle's glass-covered desk.

He glanced at it, and without hesitation, he reached out with both hands to grab the bookmark in the manuscript of creativity and the bookmark which looked like child's graffiti.

He passed through the glass case and steadily held the two bookmarks, then he wrapped them within his spirit body.

After finishing this step, Klein's heart calmed down, no longer having any obvious nervousness or tension.

He stretched out his hands again, reaching out for the other bookmarks.

« Waaa ! Waaa ! Waaa ! »

The loud and shrill cry of a baby suddenly reverberated within the exhibition hall.
It was so illusory, as though it came from far, far away.

Klein's body stiffened, freezing all of a sudden like a lake encountering extreme coldness.

In his spirit body state, he appeared to have been frozen !

« Waaa ! Waaa ! Waaa ! »

Along with the cries of the baby were fine black rifts that surrounded Klein like a discontinuous iron fence.

In the blink of an eye, one of the black rifts cracked open, revealing an eyeball filled with blood strands. In the center of the eyeball was a deep pupil, and in it, countless tiny white worms were crawling and squirming.

Black rifts opened successively, and one by one, the bizarre eyeballs were exposed in midair. They stared at Klein in a cold and merciless manner.

As they appeared, everything around them froze in place. Even the illusory spirits were unable to penetrate through them.

It even became hard for Klein to sense the existence of the spirit world. He found it difficult to see the translucent figures that were located infinitely high. He found it hard to see the different colors, the lustrous splendors which contained various types of knowledge.

« Why did you only take the bookmarks ? » A soft but unemotional female voice entered Klein's ear.

He froze on the spot and saw a tall bookcase, divided into two levels. The top level almost reached the ceiling, with a staircase and a passage surrounding countless books.

At the top of the stairs sat a figure shrouded by the darkness.

The figure's feet, which wore black leather boots, hung from the wooden stairs as they were suspended in midair.