Chapter 41 : The time Klein was kidnapped twice in the same chapter

Klein smiled and continued :

« From the moment you parasitized me, you've been setting up a huge scam. On the one hand, you've given me the option of becoming your Blessed, telling me that your true body can withstand my destiny, causing me to bear a heavy psychological burden.
In the subsequent journey, you constantly made me see hope before destroying it. From time to time, you'll give me a time limit, making me unknowingly seize an opportunity and catch my breath. Then, you suddenly shortened the trip, disrupting my plans. Finally, you reveal the card that you're the true body, sending me into the abyss of despair, so as to destroy my will and dismantle my mental defenses. I would completely break down and choose to become your Blessed, and "agree" to that hidden "transaction." »

After hearing everything in silence, Amon suddenly laughed and raised His hands to gently clap.

« Perfect deduction.
However, you seem to have missed a problem.
What I said was to see my real body at a sufficiently safe place. Then, your destiny will be taken away. Now that we haven't reached our final destination, I naturally won't take the risk. »

Klein's expression sank slightly before he relaxed again.

« I'm looking forward to how different the developments will be there. »

He responded to Amon in His style.
The genuine King of Angels adjusted His monocle and pointed to the side with a smile.

« Soon. We'll arrive in less than half a day. »

« How long is that exactly ? »

Klein instinctively lacked trust in Amon's vague descriptions.

Amon scratched His chin and chuckled.

« Half an hour. »

Klein turned his head to look in the direction where Amon had pointed. He only saw deep darkness, nothing else..

A bolt of lightning streaked across the desolate moors, but even farther away was a thick grayish-yellow fog.

Xin Jian : *watching the drama above the gray fog*

Amon raised His head and looked at the sky, in the direction where Sefirah Castle was.

Xin Jian : Damn, he really knows I'm watching.

She waved to Him.

Klein continued to follow Amon, deep into the endless moors.

The more the man and the King of Angels proceeded, the more ravines the ground had. Similarly, their depths became more and more exaggerated.

About ten minutes later, another bolt of lightning streaked across the sky. Not far away, Klein saw a single-eyed giant with a bluish-black pupil, pacing back and forth. It towered tens of meters.

His body was covered in traces of rotting pus. His eye was sunken and lifeless. It was obvious that he was dead.

However, he continued wandering around. Grayish-yellow gas emanated from his body, interweaving in midair to create the fog over the moor.

The grayish-yellow fog that enveloped the vast moor was actually generated by this bluish-black giant !

« The youngest son of the Giant King Aurmir, the God of Glory, Bladel. He publicly cursed my father and was punished to forever roam this area. Of course, He has long died in the Cataclysm, but He still wasn't able to free Himself. »

Amon looked at the giant and smiled.

« If I hadn't stolen the corresponding damage dealt to you, you would've been contaminated by the fog created after Bladel's death. You would become a cursed entity that roams this area. »