chapter 2

Kie's POV:

JJ stood there for a second and he didn't react. He didn't say anything. I looked at him and he finally said, "Still processing. Give me a minute"

He turned away from me and he put his hands on top of his head and flexed. He turned around and looked at me and said, "I'm assuming it's mine since you're telling me"

"Yeah... I haven't been with anyone since that night"

"How can you be pregnant? We used a condom"

"I don't know... But I do know that I'm fucking terrified" I said on the verge of crying

JJ noticed and he pulled me into a hug and he held me against his chest. I felt safe in his arms and he said, "I promise I will be here for you no matter what. It's your decision if you want to have this baby or not. Don't decide tonight. Take a few days and think it over and let me know what you want. I'll be with you when you get an abortion or I'll be with you when you're giving birth. Either way, I'm here for you"

I didn't expect this reaction from JJ. He seemed pretty calm about the whole thing. I thought he'd freak out and take off or something. He stood there and I said, "Thank you"

He pulled me into his arms for a hug and he whispered, "Everything will be okay, I promise"

We talked and we were going to keep it a secret until I decided what I wanted to do. We'd tell the pogues first and then my parents. I was terrified to tell my parents.

JJ made a joke and said, "Hey, at least we're off the hook for telling mine"

I could tell it kind of hurt him not having his parents here. But it was for the best and we both knew it. I actually didn't know what happened to his mom. It was just a good thing that Luke wasn't here.

JJ went and got ice cream for us. It was rare to see him splurge and spend money on stuff like this but I appreciated it. He got one bowl of ice cream with two scoops. He got cookie dough, he hated cookie dough but he knew it was my favorite.

I sat there and it was like I already knew. I knew that I needed to keep this pregnancy. I needed to have this baby, our baby. I could already tell that JJ was going to be the best dad.

He grew up with a shitty dad. He would be the complete opposite of Luke. So comforting, supportive, and loving. I suddenly became a little bit excited to have a baby. It didn't seem like such a scary thing anymore knowing that I had JJ's full support.

I wasn't going to have to be a single mom. I would be single and we could co-parent. We could make this work. I just wouldn't be able to go to college in California. It was sad because Sarah and I dreamed about being college roommates since we first became friends but I knew she'd understand.

"J" I said

"Yeah?"

"I think I need to have this baby. I want to have this baby"

He smiled at me and said, "Okay, let's do this then. We're having a baby"

"Yeah, we're having a baby... That's crazy" I said laughing

"So what does that mean for us?" He asked confused

"We're best friends who have a baby together. Nothing has to change. We'll co-parent"

"Perfect" JJ said with a smile

We finished eating the ice cream and we walked back to the chateau. When we got there, Sarah smiled at us and JJ looked at me and asked, "Does she know?"

"She bought the tests..." I said and he just smiled

"Wanna get it over with and tell them? Since Sarah will accidentally tell John B"