chapter 6

Kie's POV:

The nurse placed our baby in my arms and I was crying tears of happiness and so was JJ.

"Welcome to the world, Sophia Anna Maybank" I said to our daughter

"Maybank?" JJ asked surprised as we had decided on the first and middle name but never even talked about the last name because I thought it was obvious

"Yeah, she's your daughter" I said confused

"I just didn't think you'd want her to have my last name as it's got a bad reputation"

"Of course, I want her to have your last name. She's your daughter" I said and he had the biggest smile

I gave JJ our daughter and my heart melted as I watched him hold our baby. My parents came back in about an hour later and JJ introduced them to their granddaughter. It was funny, my dad who has been pissed at JJ this whole pregnancy was now in love with Sophia. It made me happy that my parents were slowly starting to accept JJ into our family.

My parents absolutely adored Sophia and didn't want to leave. I was alone in the room with JJ and the nurse was going to teach me how to breastfeed.

She went to move my hospital gown down and JJ slightly turned away. The nurse looked at my for consent and said, "I'm going to pull your gown down. Are you okay if he stays in the room while you're exposed?"

There was a part of me that appreciated both the nurse and JJ wanting to protect my privacy but all I could do was laugh.

"Yes, it's fine. J, you can turn around. You both watched the doctor pull this baby out of my vagina. You can watch me feed Sophia"

JJ sat down next to me and the nurse started moving my breast around trying to get Sophia to latch. I felt like I was a cow being milked when she finally latched on and began sucking.

JJ was so amazed by this whole process. It was actually super adorable how fascinated he's been with everything from going into labor, the birth, and now learning to take care of our baby.

We went home a few days later and it felt so good to finally be home. JJ was living in the room down the hall from me and Sophia was in my room with me. I was so grateful to my parents for letting me and Sophia live here and of course, JJ too.

The next few days we sleepless. We were up all hours of the night with a crying baby. JJ woke up every single time Sophia was up. He'd change her diaper, sit with me and rub my back while I fed her, and rick her back to sleep. He was such an amazing dad to our little girl.

Our friends were all over meeting Sophia and they were obsessed. They still couldn't believe that we were the first to have a baby. We all thought it would be John B and Sarah who were the teen parents. We were lucky to have such amazing friends to help us and to be the best aunties and uncles to Sophia.

Sophia was a little over a month old and she was sick for the first time. She woke up in the middle of the night vomiting in her bassinet. I got her up and handed her to JJ to give her a bath while I cleaned up.

I could see him in the bathroom trying not to gag from the smell of baby puke. My mom walked by and JJ looked at her and she just smiled and said, "You've got this"

She returned to bed and JJ got our girl cleaned up. He came back and got her into new pajamas and we got her back to sleep. We were both so exhausted. We're both sleep deprived and as much as we love Sophia, it's draining to constantly care for a newborn while working and going to school.

I fell asleep and when I woke up, Sophia was awake making dinner baby noises from her bassinet beside my bed. I opened my eyes and realized I was asleep on JJ.

The last thing I remembered was waking up to breastfeed and my back being super sore. JJ moved to sit behind me to massage my shoulders. I was now laying almost on top of him with my head on his chest.

"Good morning" He said

"Good morning, sorry I must have fallen asleep"

"It's okay, I did too" He replied as I got up and walked over to Sophia

"Good morning, baby" I said picking her up

I changed her diaper and then fed her before going downstairs and getting breakfast for myself. JJ was heading into work and I was working on my online college classes.

"Bye my two favorite girls. Have a great day!" JJ said

I grabbed Sophia's small hand and moved it in a waving goodbye motion and spoke, "Say bye-bye daddy"

a.n.

sorry it's been so long! i promise to update fast!!!