Trapped

1, 2, 3....

Wait I messed up.

1,2, 3......

Fuck.

I had to count to 100 in order to go to bed.

If I couldn't do it before falling asleep, I would be restless all night.

My eyes grew heavy, slowly drifting off to sleep.

A loud noise jolted me awake.

It sounded like multiple men fighting, one slamming the other up against the wall in her roomies room.

I sat up in my bed listening to the ruckus they were making, that's when I saw a foot come crashing through the vent on the floor, breaking the vent completely off.

Scrambling out of bed, I quietly crawled over towards the opening, curiosity getting the better of me.

A bright light came creeping through the opening, thats when I saw a man with a bionic arm choking one of the assistants, his frail body dangling 4 feet off the ground.

Three more men came running into the room as they shocked the bionic man, he screamed as he fell to the ground, clenching his body.

Saliva spitting out of his mouth while the electricity coursed through his body, I closed my eyes and squeezed them, not wanting to look at the pain going through his body.

Then I could hear the voices.

"Take him to his bed, chain him down, and put in his mouth guard so he doesn't break his teeth."

"He broke the vent."

"Send that idiot lab assistant over there to fix it."

My eyes shot open as I quickly crawled back into my bed. It would be useless pretending to be asleep, I laid on my side so they wouldn't be able to see my face.

I heard the heavy steel door open as someone walked in. They picked up the vent, pushing it back into place.

Curiosity got the best of me as I rolled over, it was that guy they called Hughie. His eyes grew big when he saw I was still awake.

"Hi, what's your name?"

No words came out.

He licked his lips nervously, looking around the room as if he were looking for an answer.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head no. A pained look crossed his face as he pushed his hair back.

I was caught off guard when he rush over to my cot, scared that he would touch me or worst.

"I'm not going to hurt you! Just..... don't eat the cookies."

And with that he rushed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

What the hell did he mean?

****

I had slept in the next day, or atleast I think I did. Because they didn't bring me my usual eggs Benedict and orange juice.

I had overheard one of the assistants say that I was lucky for having my own personal chef to make me special meals.

One of the women brought in a silver platter with a grilled chicken house salad , mixed berries in a side dish, a tall lemonade with a bottle of water, and my chocolate chip cookie.

Cookie.

The assistant walked over and undid my cuffs as they fell to the floor. I began to massage my wrists as the assistant scurried out of the room as quickly as she could.