Confused

I couldn't remember the last time I slept so good.

Not waking up once, crying or screaming.

I felt like a baby almost.

I tried to turn on my side, but I couldn't move.

Opening one eye, I saw two very strong, masculine arms wrapped around me.

What the hell?

Slowly turning my face, I looked up to see Steve breathing slowly as he slept comfortably.

"Oh hell no."

Pushing his arms off of me, I slid out of the bed. His eyes began to open slowly, stretching his long body against the bed.

"Um what the fuck are you doing in my room?" I asked him, placing my hands on my hips, in a defensive stance.

Steve rubbed his face, fighting the urge to not fall back asleep. He looked up at me with tired blue eyes.

"I held you up most of the night so you wouldn't throw up, again, and so you wouldn't choke on your own vomit."

I was about to say something , but my mouth snapped shut. Remembering all the red wine I had thrown up the night before.

Before I could say anything, Steve cut me off.

"I am not trying to make you feel uncomfortable, I want to be there for you. I know nothing ahead for either one of us is going to be easy, but if I can help you in anyway, I'll do it for you. Stephen already made an appointment for you this afternoon. If you want me there so you won't be alone, I will be."

Chewing on my bottom lip, I ran every scenario through my head.

If he was still activated, he could have easily taken me back now.

Stephen said the other was gone.

But how could I trust him?

"If you would like to take me.... I wouldn't say no."

***

After being force fed by Wong, I finished up the oatmeal he had made me, and a horrific dark liquid that was suppose to cure a hangover.

Plot twist, it was not coffee.

Stephen was nice enough to conjure me up so more clothes, a pair of black skinny jeans with an olive green t shirt and a denim jacket. The black converse were the most comfortable part of the ensemble.

The clinic wasn't too far from Stephen's Manor, Steve and I took off on foot. Trying to fight the unsettling tension between us.

"It's real nice over here," Steve broke the silence, I nodded my head.

"Yes, Stephen was a world class surgeon before he became an all powerful sorcerer."

Steve smiled, humor dancing around his face.

"All powerful? Thats kind of a stretch isn't it?"

Without thinking about it, I giggled.

What the fuck was wrong with me? Acting like a fucking school girl with her crush.

"Well, he is one of the smartest men I have gotten to know," I responded quickly.

The rest of the walk was decent enough, walking in silence and admiring the buildings. When we finally arrived outside the clinic, it became difficult to breathe.

Steve must have saw, because next thing I knew, I felt his fingertips press against the back of my hand. Taking my hand in his, he gave it a gentle squeeze.

"It will be okay, I promise."

Walking inside, I grabbed the paperwork from the counter, only filling out what I could remember. When it came to the emergency contact list, I hesitated, I didn't have anyone to put down.

Steve saw the pen lingering ontop of the paper, grabbing the pen out of my hand, he filled in his own information.

"Thanks," he handed the paperwork back and I handed it over to the nurse.

"I'll have you follow me to the back," the nurse gave me a small smile. I followed her to the back, leaving Steve waiting for me in the waiting area.

As I entered the room, the nurse handed me a hospital gown and told me to get completely nude.

An unsettling feeling began to spread through my stomach, I took a deep breath, building up strength.

Once I got the hospital gown on, I sat on the bed. I heard the door open and a doctor walk in, he looked very bulky underneath his lab coat. His hair pulled back into a man bun.

"So tell me Ava, why are we seeing you today?"

Before I got the chance to answer, my heart froze.

Bucky stood there holding a clip board, and a lab coat splashed with someone else's blood.

I ran for the door but he grabbed my hand and twisted it behind my back.

"Steve!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, Buckys right hand came slamming down on top of my mouth.

"Shut the fuck up! I don't know what you did to Steve, but I am taking you back! We are going to have this baby!"

When he said that, fear and terror ran through me, my eyes almost bulging out of my head. I did the only thing I could think of. I bit down on his hand as hard as I could.

He screamed out in pain, letting me go for just a brief second. I yanked the door open and ran to the lobby.

As I ran, everything moved in slow motion, I watched as Steve jumped up from his seat, and took off running in my direction.

Completely jumping over me, Steve grabbed Bucky around the neck and threw him up against the wall, cracking the wall behind him.

Steve and Bucky began fighting there in the middle of the lobby, with patients and hospital staff running out screaming.

I watched in horror as Buckys left hand wrapped around Steve's neck and began to squeeze down. Steve's face going bright red.

Looking around the room, I saw a fire extinguisher hanging from the wall. Running over, I grabbed the fire extinguisher and yanked it down. Holding the top end, I swung the canister over Buckys hear.

He released Steve, but his stance never faltered once. I watched as he turned around very slowly, his hand shooting out and wrapping around my neck.

I dropped the canister, wrapping my hands around his strong one, trying to pull it off.

But it was useless. He was stronger than me.

"Alexander Pierce wants a word with you." Were the last words I heard from him as my vision went dark, then completely black.

Me driving my readers crazy

Hello Babies ♥️ I know I know we hate cliff hangers ! But trust me when I say, the next chapter, chefs kisses. Please remember to comment and vote!