Awake

I couldn't breathe.

I didn't know if this was a trick or not.

How could I trust that Steve was actually awake?

"Do you know who you are?" I carefully asked him, as I slowly began to back away from him.

He nodded his head, the confused look on his face never leaving him.

"Steve Rogers.."

"And who am I?" I could hear my heart pounding, scared as hell by any answer he would give me. He slowly nodded his head.

"Your name is Ava García.... and I'm so sorry," his voice shook as he apologized, his face twisting in pain.

Finally letting a breath out, I covered my mouth as I shook my head.

"This is a trick... THIS IS A TRICK!"

I ran for the door but Steve grabbed me around the waist and swung me back into the room.

"Ava please! I'm sorry! It's me!"

"No!" Elbowing him in the stomach, he released his grip and doubled over.

He was blocking the door to leave, so I took my only option, I ran over to the broken window.

"AVA! Please wait!"

I stopped right at the edge, as I turned around to look at him, I couldn't stop shaking.

"I know everything that happened. It's like I was watching but never in control. The last time I was....me...was before Thailand. Then the Avengers had a meeting with Alexander Pierce. I had no idea he was working for Hydra. He then activated me. Subconsciously I always felt, the other Steve in me, but he was asleep. Once he woke him up, I was no longer in control."

Taking deep breaths, I fell to the ground, clutching my chest. I let out a frustrated scream, by everything that had happened. Everything that had transpired. I saw Steve walk over towards me, but I jerked my body away from him.

"Don't touch me!"

"Okay. Okay. I won't, but Ava, we need to get out of here. Bucky is still activated, and if I don't report soon, he's going to come looking for me."

Fucking Bucky.

My eye set in a very hard glare, looking Steve over. Was I really going to trust this asshole after everything he put me through?

"I can't."

"Ava..."

"I can't trust you asshole!"

Steve pressed his lips together as he nodded his head.

"Fine, but I'm not leaving you to deal with Bucky while he's activated as the Winter Soldier."

Fuck he was right.