Hero

The moment I told James to get us out, he scooped me up like a rag doll and threw me over his shoulder.

I struggled to keep the robe closed, bouncing up and down on his shoulder as he ran so quickly, the people we passed looked like a blur.

An alarm went off, sounding through out the building with flashing red lights.

James ran up to the fifth floor before stopping dead in his tracks. He took me off his shoulder, helping me down as I turned around to see what he was facing.

Steve stood at the end of the hallway, completely dressed as Captain America, with an irritated look on his face. When his eyes landed on me, they flashed in anger.

 When his eyes landed on me, they flashed in anger

"She belongs to me, Bucky."

James didn't say anything, just stood there breathing heavily. He was waiting for his next command.

I looked around the hallway, I needed to find an exit quickly, then my eyes landed on the large window at the end of the hallway. We were five floors up.

We probably won't make it.

If I go back to that room with Steve, he will do things to me that would make me wish that I was dead.

"Soldier," I said in a shaky voice, Steve's eyes never leaving me,"get us out of here, any means necessary."

Grabbing his hand I pulled him towards the glass window. Once he saw it, he picked me up and took off running.

I heard Steve scream no as he took off right behind us, almost as fast as James.

Looking behind me, I saw Steve reach out his hand towards me, clenching his teeth in anger and his eyes fierce.

The goddamn devil was chasing me.

James bionic arm went through the glass, shattering it into a million pieces, we began to fall down towards the street below very quickly.

James landed on his knee with his hand holding us up. Closing my robe up, I looked up to see if Steve was there, he wasn't.

"We have to go now!" I shouted in fear as James and I began to run down the street, passing pedestrians and city flow traffic.

"SARAH!" I was too scared to look.

I came too far for Steve to take me back.

My eyes darting all over, I saw the opening for the subway with people going in and out.

"There!" I pointed at the entrance, James looped his arm through mine, swinging me on his back as he picked up speed. Now I could fully see Steve only 50 feet away from us, and closing that space pretty quickly.

There were too many people to get around them, James slid down the divider between the staircases, clenching me to his chest.

Once we hit the bottom of the stairs, we ran and jumped over the spinning toll fares, running past the police.