Insert 18

Nkosazana
I woke up with a banging headache and i open my eyes and saw Phila standing there looking so angry with a doctors coat. I closed my eyes again and slowly turned with each bone in my body complaining and I opened my eyes slowly and saw captain Nkosi standing pacing. Shame power guy looked so worried.
Me: Nkosi
I whispered and he jumped to the bed
Nkosi: Nkosazana, you safe now

Phila
I was pissed. It took me 3 hours to find which hospital she is in and to find her looking the way that she was made my heart ache and the anger in me brew. Now seeing this captain head over heels in love with her just put me in a sour mood, and she was clueless.
Nkosi: you safe now, no one going to hurt you again. I just turned and left them going to my office where I found the guys
Me: so this is how we meet?
Ntokozo: and have you kill us
Me: what makes you think I can't kill you here?
Mlu: people know us as your brothers here, how on earth are you going to explain killing your brothers?
Me: why did you do it?
Zola: The girl made a valid point. We kept her for 24 hours. Its makes sense if she is beaten to a pulpl
Me: You bruised her ribs
Mlu: we sorry
Me: and cut her
Zola: in our defence she said make it real
Me: she is my wife!!
They kept quiet and looked away
Ntokozo: we sorry.
Me: That not going to cut it. Go check the cameras and see if anyone saw you guys dropping her off. And stay low the next few days while the cops investigate her
Zola: Do you know what story she will feed them?
Me: If I was you guys, ill pray she doesn't change her mind and snitch on us.

Nkosazana
I was sitting now thanks to Nkosi help.
Me: Everything pains.
Nkosi: You fractured a few things
Me: I can feel it
Nkosi: Doctor says you were not raped
Me: I know
Nkosi: That a relief
Me: Yeah
He seemed really worried about my wellbeing.
Me: thanks I know you guys were looking for me.
He blushed moving away a bit.
Nkosi: Ill have to get your statement on record
Me: do you want to do it now?
He nodded taking the tape recorder and I closed my eyes and opened them. Let the acting begin.
" where should i start"
Nkosi: The beginning
I knew that making a lie more plausible one has to mix it with the truth.
" the bank called the day before and told me an using a bank card that had been reported stolen. So i made an appointment to go the next day, off i went spoke to them requested the footage to find it was my sister who was using my card. When I was done and about to leave am not going to lie and say where they came but they were there and everything happened so fast and I was thinking and in my own world and you know me and my smart mouth. I just blubbered out something and I can't even remember if I said " phuma or Police" next that they all froze and looked at me. Fear left me rooted as they picked me up and took me with, i tried counting the minutes asto how long we were driving but nothing came to mind. I ended up giving up. Next thing you calling and they swearing looking for the phone and threw it out of the window and the next hours it just them wanting to know who I am and why did I get up. Them finding the badge didnt make things any good"
Nkosi: Am sorry
Me: I told the half the info I know and When he said I can call anyone for being a good girl. I really thought that his letting me go. That why I wanted you to find the work I was working on to identify them.
Nkosi: I got there after they took it
Me: I didn't know it was a trap
Nkosi: We never got finger prints he wiped the place cause even your finger prints were not there.
Me: I told you that we dealing wit smarter people here.
Nkosi: I was clinging to hope that they wont kill you cause I know they never kill.
Me: Me too but when the torture started it was too much.
I watched him eat up my lies and sit by the bed to comfort me.
Nkosi: I have something to share with you.
I looked at him confused as he was having a hard time talking about whatever he wanted to share.