Insert 20

Busisiwe
We sat in the office as they read the results that she is our daughter. I had tears in my eyes and looked at my husband who was also nervous about this whole thing.
Me: can we see her?
Doctor: will have to speak to her doctor about it just go down the hall to doctor Mazibuko.
I nodded and walked down to the doctors office.

Phila
There was a light knock by my door so I went to open it and found the Cele family standing there.
They walked in and I sat by my desk while they looked around the office.
Mr Cele: Is that the great Mr Mazibuko on the wall?
He pointed at a picture of my father and I smiled nodding.
Me: That my father
Mrs Cele: oh my gosh, you Veronica child?
I smile as tears rolled down her tears, i tend to get that a lot.
Me: Yes am her son
Mrs cele: Good bless her soul, amazing woman
Me: Thank you. How can I be of help today?
The looked at each other as of finding comfort in each other presence.
Mrs Cele: We just found out that our daughter is your patient.Its amazing how they look exactly like her.
Me: And that might be?
Mrs Cele: Nkosazana Hlope
Me: Oh. Yes she is
I had to be casual.
Mrs Cele: we were wondering if its okay if we see her.
Me: Mind waiting her while I check in? They nodded. I got my assistant to get them something to drink when I went to her room and found Ntokozo there with some flowers a teddy and chocolate.
Me: What did I say?
Ntokozo: the guys are worried about her ...
Me: So they asked you to check on her?
Ntokozo: we actually played rock paper scissors and I lost
Nkosazana laughed.
Nkosazana: how does one lose such a game.
Ntokozo: Don't rub it in
Nkosazana: You can report back that am good.
Ntokozo: well let me leave before he kills me. He tapped my shoulder and left. I stood there looking at her smile
Me: since when you two friends?
Nkosazana: a lot happened on my wedding day.
Me: Really
Nkosazana: Yes, i made friends who value loyalty and would do anything for my husband. Even if its means giving his new bride a chance, they would blindly do so.
Me: oh
Nkosazana: Yes oh. You should be angry with me. I asked them to do this to me. I asked them to make sure that you don't do something stupid.
Me: and here I am thinking am the most logical person on earth.
I was now standing next to her.
Nkosazana: you were.
That got me laughing.
Me: I have the Cele family in my office. Do you want to meet them?
She was quiet for sometime than shock her head no.
Me: Mind if I ask why not?
She has tears in her eyes now.
Nkosazana: Ill need to see my dad first
I looked at her.
Me: Mr Hlophe?
She nodded.
Nkosazana: Only he can tell me the truth and I can find closure. I can't see them without that closure.
Me: You sure that what you want?
She nodded.
Me: Okay. Be right back.
I slowly walked out to them. Now how does one tell they in-laws that they child refuses to see them? I took a deep breath and walked in found them sitting there having tea that my assistant got them.
Mrs Cele: She said no?
I looked at her shocked then nodded.
Mr Cele: What her reasons?
Me: She wants to speak to the family that abducted her first.
Mrs Cele: Oh
Me: Look in cases like this, its sometimes traumatic for the victim. I get you have been apart for 25 years and you just want to hold her and promise her the world and that you going to protect her moving forward. But you got to understand that she is a grown person, has feelings of her own and at the moment they not the same as yours. My suggestion is just stay calm and let her come around on her own.
They both looked at me nodding, how i wish I could take the same advice that am giving!!...

Nkosazana
I took my drip and slowly walked to the wheel chair. I sat there just as the nurse was walking in with meds. I took them.
Me: Do you know where the Mr Hlope is? He came in yesterday with a heart issue.
Nurse: Sure, let me push you to his room.
She helped me to his room and I rolled in as dad smiled the biggest smile ever. I know his not my dad but that man loved me like his own. He got up slowly and bent on my chair crying as he hugged me. I let out all the pain and frustration that iv had over the years.
Dad: am so sorry
Me: i don't hate you.
I hugged him feeling lighter and much better. He let go and sits looking at me.
Dad: She came back with you one day after a fight which made her disappear for 3 full days. Told me she was pregnant all along hence that why we were fighting so much with me and that you her miracle baby. At first I believed her, you know how convincing she was but as time went by and I watched you grow i knew you were not mines. I love your sister but you two were total opposite and I know I shouldn't compare you guys but something about you stuck out and I kinda just knew that you were just not mine yet I loved you so much that I kept quiet. DNA started being famous so I took you with to go testing and a week later it came back negative. I confronted her and she told me about how she stole you and boast about how easy it was. I wanted to call the cops but I loved you so much that I kept on postponing and 25 years later here we are...
He wiped a tear and looked at me.
Dad: Am sorry
Me: I love you dad, you will always be my dad. You made me who I am today with your love and selfless actions of being both a mother and father to me. And for that ill be forever grateful. I hugged him again as we both cried remembering all the days that we spent together just being us and care free.
Dad: You made loving you very easy and ill forever cherish my days with you
Me: Me too dad!!
We hugged and laughed and just sat there enjoying each other company...