6. DELILAH

I wait in the cafe, looking down at my phone, my fingers hovering over Romeos name.

I contemplate pressing the call button. I don't have a reason to call him, i just like his company. I like having someone who doesn't take advantage of me for once.

"Who's Romeo?" I hear my friend, Hafsa.

She sits opposite me and i turn my phone off, "You're back."

"I am back." She bows her head, "New niqab and all." She smiles, "Now don't change the subject, who is Romeo?"

She was travelling the middle east over the summer break but she's back now that school is starting up again.

Which means i have to update her on all the juicy gossip from the summer, and the new guy i'm practically in love with.

I hate that i catch feelings too easily.

"You know Matteo Reign?" I ask.

She nods her head, "Yeah, Ilarias brother."

"Well they have another brother called Romeo, he's blonde, tall, gorgeous."

I see her eyes crinkle, "You like him?"

"He walked me home." I emphasise.

She sighs, "The bare minimum."

"He took me on a date to the beach, he listens to me ramble about the stupidest things, he booked me a room in the Armani hotel for two weeks straight while he's away incase anything happens with my parents, he kissed me... three times." I hold up three fingers, "And we won in chicken."

I could tell she was smiling, "So you like him a lot?"

"I'm borderline in love with him." I say. I catch feelings way too easily, "He's amazing. He has like the softest hands ever, and he can drive, and he's beautiful... and Hafsa, get this, he's 6"5."

Her jaw drops, "What!"

"I know. He's so tall, and he's cuddly and he's so warm." I stop talking, "He gave me his number, said to call him but i haven't yet and it's been a week. I don't know what to say." I put my phone on the table.

Typical Hafsa to lean over and grab my phone, she calls him for me.

I panic, he picks up straight away. I hold the phone to my ear, he's silent for a couple of seconds.

I clear my throat, "Hi... Hi Romeo, it's-"

"Delilah." He sounded relieved. "I thought i told you to call me? I haven't heard from you in a week."

I feel my cheeks blush. He was counting the days too. "I... Uh... i got scared."

Hafsa shakes her head opposite me.

"Do i scare you?" He asks, his tone softening.

Oh the very opposite, Damon said he was terrifying but i think he's so cute.

"No. I just... i didn't know. I wanted to... hear your voice." I put my head in my hands. What an awful excuse.

"Has your mother hit you?" He spits out.

He's very blunt, it's refreshing to have somebody so honest.

"No."

"Good. When i return, do you want to come horse riding with me?"

What an odd request.

"I've never been before."

"I can take you around my house on one of the horses."