7. ROMEO

Mom walks into my bedroom, "Romeo." She closes the door, her disappointed look on her face. "Please tell me Robert knows you're off your medication."

I simply roll over.

"Romeo." She sighs, "Ro, this isn't okay. I've let it slide before but i'm not doing this again with you." She rolls me back over, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Why did you stop taking them?"

"They piss me off."

She shakes her head, "You haven't left your room in three days."

"Because i knew i would have this stupid conversation if i did." I close my eyes, "Go away."

"Don't do this, Romeo. I'm not having you go on a rampage again. What is going on?" She taps my shoulder.

I hate the medication. It just suppresses everything and then leaves me with a need that's not fulfilled. A stupid need. A fucking horrible need that nothing is ever going to be complete.

"It's annoying me."

"We've been over this, Romeo. It's medication, it can't annoy me."

"Well it fucking does, mom" I shout, "Get out."

She licks her teeth, standing up. I knew she would never get out, she does too much to try and make me a good kid.

She's scared i'm going to end up like my dad, hurting everyone i love because i'm afraid to face my own emotions, or hurting myself.

I probably will.

Dad and I are both self-destructive, she's scared about that the most.

She walks to the door, "Roman!" She shouts.

I groan, pulling the pillow over my head and keeping it there while i hear dads footsteps and then the door closes again.

"Just fuck off." I turn onto my side.

"Don't speaks to us like that, Romeo. What's going on?" Dad pulls the pillow off me.

"I've flushed those stupid little pills down the toilet for the past week." I smile sarcastically at him, "There, now go."

Mom chews on the inside of her lip, rubbing her eyes. I'm stressing her out.

"Why?" Dad asks.

"Because."

"Give me a good reason, Romeo, or i'm going to call Robert now." He threatens.

The psych ward.

That's where i'll end up going. Involuntary, of course, but i'd end up there because i am a threat to myself and i am a threat to society. Hell, if my father didn't threaten Robert after every session, i'd be in a fucking prison cell by now.

"They're annoying. They don't give me anything apart from a headache and hand tremors. They surpress all my urges-"

"That's the point of them, Romeo." Mom says quietly.

"Yeah, well mom, this doesn't have anything to do with you seeing as you don't have any fucking clue what i'm feeling so just go away." I lay back again.

She scoffs, walking away.

I know i hurt her.

Dad has always been more strict with me when it comes to mom. It's because i'm moms favorite and if i mess up, it will hurt mom.

He closes the door, "You're going to apologise to her for that. There was no need." He raises his voice, "Romeo you're on them to suppress your feelings-"