59. ROMEO

I stare at my mother with disappointment.

She raises an eyebrow, "Romeo. She's leaving in an hour. If you're not going to ask me to drive you down to the airport, go stare at someone else."

"Why would you even do this to me?"

"Not doing anything to you. I'm helping her." She stands up. "Are we going to the airport or not."

"Yes. We are." I glare at her. I jog upstairs and get one of my sweaters that I know Delilah likes.

I shove it in a bag along with a bunch of my shit she probably won't ever use but she's weird, she likes small stuff with insignificant meanings, she makes them have a meaning.

I jog back down the stairs and get in the car, mom had started it and drove as soon as I got in. "What's in the bag?"

"Stuff."

"You're so in love with her, it's adorable."

"It would be more adorable if I could continue this love with her." I fold my arms across my chest.

I can't believe I woke up after crying to her, yeah... I cried to her. And she told me she's going to Korea to 'focus on herself' for a while.

Come to find out, my mother told her to.

The betrayal I felt was astronomical.

"You'll live. She needs time to heal."

"She can heal with me."

"No... no she can't. And you also need time to... work on yourself. You're going to therapy, I don't care if you say no."

"I'm only going to therapy if I know Delilah is coming back."

"She is."

"When?"

"Not telling you."

"Mamma." I groan. "I need her."

"You can need her from a distance until she's better." She smiles.

I turn the radio on to drown out moms smug looks until we drive to the airport.

I get out as soon as I could and walked to the section I know Delilah is boarding too.

I see her sitting with Damon, the woolly hat that Emilio gave her on her head. She looks at me and smiles softly.

Why is she smiling?

She hands her bag to Damon and then walks over to me. I hate this. I hate this so much.

She hugs me, holding me tighter than she ever has. I wish I weren't so tall so I could hide my face. I don't want to cry again. I don't know why I was crying in the first place.

Mom walks to Damon and Delilah pulls away. She looked fine. Not like she was about to cry.

"Don't go." I look at her eyes.

"I can't stay, Ro. We need a break."

"You're breaking up with me?" I frown, "No. I don't like that."

"Romeo, we can't-"

"You're not breaking up with me." I shake my head. "No."

"You can't say no. It's my decision."

"Why, precious. I'm sorry. I'm going to therapy. I'm going to get better for you."

"Romeo that's not the point. I need time." She grabs my hand. I pull it away. This is making me angry.

She takes a step back. "I'll be back. When I'm ready. I'll be back. I don't expect you to wait for me, so do whatever you like. You're not in a relationship anymore. But when I am back, I want to talk again, and if you want... we can work through this."