10. DELILAH

I like the beach, i like the sounds, the view, the feelings, the smell. I like the feeling when my toes are in the sand, i like the feeling when i'm walking along the shore and the cold water waves over my feet and ankles.

I don't, however, like sitting in the dark for almost an hour straight simply because a guy asked me to.

Call me a fucking people pleaser.

I start folding the towel up, popping another grape in my mouth. New York isn't the safest at the moment, dad tells me that, the crime rate is higher than it usually is.

What the fuck am i doing?

I shove it back in my bag, knowing i'm going to have to sneak into my house tonight, i snuck out but they always catch me when i sneak out. The pillows under my blanket aren't a good enough disguise.

I shake the sand off my feet and slide into my crocs, i take a step back and when i do, my back hits flush against someone's front.

I turn around, worry leaving me when i see Romeo but then it rises in me again, "You're supposed to be in a hospital." I take a step back, whisper shouting to him as if we're not alone.

"Thank you for the hairpins." He winks, taking the bag off me, "This is the last place they'll look, come on." He grabs my hand and simply hauls me away.

The confusion i felt as he dragged me under the docks and then hugged me tightly. He wanted hairpins to escape? He lied to me? What is going on?

I pay his back, "Romeo you can't just break out of a hospital."

"I did." He says, as if he didn't believe that i would be shcoked. "I used the pins to-"

"Shsuh. I don't want to know how you did that." I sit on the sand, "You're going to get in trouble."

"Precious, it's horrible in there. The nurse keeps touching me, i don't even take my meds and i'm fine-"

"The nurse touches you?" I look at him.

"Yes."

"Inappropriately?"

"Yes..."

"Have you told your dad?"

"No..."

How messed up do you have to be to inappropriately touch mental patients?

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." He doesn't even understand it's messed up, "Are you okay?"

"How are you not freaking out?" I groan.

"Delilah, my precious, are you okay?" He holds my face in his hand, "You seem stressed."

"You broke out of a mental hospital and are now telling me that your nurse is inappropriately touching you, yeah i'm stressed Romeo." I look into his eyes, still bright blue despite it being dark outside.

He smiles, "Are you jealous?"

I frown, "What!"

"Please tell me you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous, i'm frustrated." I move him away. "How is she getting away with that?"

"Oh, please don't dwell on it, Delilah. I don't care."

I guess it's hard to trying to reason with a sociopath, "When can you discharge yourself? Or when can someone discharge you?"

"Unless i convince my dad to, no one can." He shrugs, "I'm okay. I'll go back when i'm satisfied."

"With what?"

"Spending time with you." He lays back.

I lay back too and close my eyes, "What's your intentions with me?"