Before school

As soon as we were on the road, I got a text from Josh.

Good morning, M -J

Good morning -M

I saved y'all a spot next to me -J

Thanks. Be there soon -M

             "Josh saved us a spot" I said, turning off my phone and facing my brother.

             "Alright"

            I turned on the radio, knowing there wouldn't be anymore talking until we got there. I put on country and George Strait's "Check yes or no" came o. Cole and I started screaming the lyrics while we pulled into the parking lot in the back of the school. Immediately I saw the dark red truck we were going to park next to.

            When we pulled up, Josh came around to the truck after we got out. He went over to Cole and they started talking. It was always like that. Not that it bothered me. I got to listen to music for a while. I didn't realize I had started singing until I looked over and saw Josh smiling.

             It was that kind of smile you only have when you hear something cool. And he was smiling at me like that. God I loved that smile.

              "That was amazing, M" he smiled. Damn. When did I eat butterflies? I know that's cliché but I can't help it.

               "No it wasn't but thanks, J. What are you doing over here?"

                "Can't I see my favorite person?" he asked sweetly. Okay. Something's up.

                 "Let me guess. 'Oh my god! Hi baby! Did you miss me?!'" I said, mimicking Maria. Josh laughed. We loved her but sometimes she's a bit much.

                  "You know it" Josh said, leaning against the truck. I smiled as we just talked and waited for the bell. We always got to school early so we could beat the crowds.

                   Josh was telling me about his weekend when Maria came over and hugged me. I tried so hard to not push her. I don't like most people hugging me.

                   I hugged her back reluctantly when we heard the bell. Time to go through hell. Yay!