Stargazing

We left the park soon after Maria called and said her and Cole were on the way home from teen fest. We walked thw whole way back carrying a sleeping Angel and Jaxson.

                                              When we got back to the house, we put the twins on the couch where I had found them this morning and went outback with Cole and Maria. We must have sat on the porch floor, talking and drinking rootbeer, for about an hour before Jax woke up. Angel followed soon after. We had an early dinner since Josh and I were leaving in a little while. He wanted to go do something but didn't tell me what it was.

                                               At around 8 o'clock, Josh told me say goodbye to everyone and go out to the truck. We didn't end up leaving for about another half an hour.

                                               We drove an hour out of town, into a field. He told me to stay in the car until he came to get me out. He said he "didn't want ruin the surprise". So I stayed in the can of the truck until he came around and opened my door about 10 minutes later.

                                               As soon as I got out, he put his hands over my eyes so I couldn't see while we walked around to the bed of the truck. When he uncovered my eyes, I was met with blankets and pillows and snacks. I turned to look at him and he was grinning at me. I smiled and hugged him.

                                               "What is all of this, J?"

                                                "We're gonna stargaze tonight. Just us. Me and you all alone with a bunch of stars and snacks. I remember when we were little and you would lay on your roof, watching the stars in middle of the night. So I asked for your brother's permission to bring you on this date tonight. I know it's not much but it's the only thing I could think of to do with you." he ranted. I giggled at his nervousness and kissed his cheek.

                                                "This is perfect. I love it. Thank you so much for doing this." I whispered. He beamed at me.

                                                We got in the bed of the truck together and watched the stars. Or we at least tried to. We mostly sat there eating snacks and talking the night away.

                                                It was an amazing night. Especially the part where I woke up the next morning and he was still curled into my side in the bed of the truck with the sun coming up.