She's my sister, dude

While we were driving to school, my phone went off. I opened it and saw they were pictures of Josh and I sleeping. Most were clearly taken by Josh. I blushed slightly and looked out the window after I saved them. Until we got to school, we sat in silence, listening to the radio.

              We pulled up into the student parking lot and hopped out of the truck. I stood at the tailgate and waited for the bell to ring.

            "Hey, girly!"

           Ugh

           "Hi, Maria." I said, trying to sound happy. I love her. I swear I do. She's just too peppy in the mornings.

          We talked until the bell rang but I wasn't really listening. I heard Cole and Josh talking about me and was more tuned into that.

          "That's my sister, dude!"

          "I know but you can't blame me! She asked me to stay with her! I'd do anything for Maxine, Cole. No matter what you say." Josh said. With that he walked off, coming over to Maria and I. We all walked inside together with Cole trailing behind me.

           We stepped into class and took out seats. I wanted to ask Josh what was going on but from the look on his face I could tell he was trying to forget it.

           Once class started, I pulled out my notes and started talking to Josh.

           "I'm sorry about making you stay last night. I don't know what I was thinking and-"

           "It's fine. I wanted to stay. You needed help and I wanted to be the one to help you." Josh said, grabbing my hand to let me know it was truly okay. After that, class went on as normal until we went to lunch.