Crying and sirens

I threw my hands up to guard my face. I felt large, calloused hands grab my left wrist and yank. I stumbled down the last few steps and was immediately slammed into the nearest wall.

                                            His fist collided with my ribs and abdomen several times as hot tears rolled down my cheeks. He kicked my knee, sending me to the ground, while he grabbed a fistful of my hair and slammed my head against the wall.

                                           "Dad, stop! Angel and Jaxson are sleeping upstairs! Please! You're gonna kill Maxine!" I heard my brothers frantic voice pleading.

                                           "Good. She'd be less of a burden that way. As for those other two brats, I don't care! So why don't you just shut your blabbering mouth." he hollered as he kicked my stomach and spat at me. Everything was starting to fade out.

                                          I felt his grip on my hair cease before I heard him and my brother go crashing to the floor in the living room. "Why do you do this?! You only ever hurt Max!! All she's done is take care of this family and fix everything you destroy!! What did she do to deserve this?!" I vaguely heard my brother shout while pinning our father.

                                         He said something about my mother in return right before I heard a shooting sound.

                                         I heard the all too familiar sounds of crying and sirens as my body was lifted into strong, safe arms while darkness overtook me.