Neveah

I laughed nervously and looked at Cole, hoping he wasn't mad. He was.... laughing?

                       "Dude! Why didn't you tell me you asked her finally?"

                       "I was hoping she did!" Josh laughed loudly. He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug. I tensed at first but eventually hugged back.

                       When we all sat down and were eating, I saw a familiar face walk in to the diner. I excused myself and walked towards her.

                       "Neveah!"

                       "Maxine! Happy late birthday!" she said and hugged me as tight as she could befire we did our childhood handshake.

                       Her mom had been my mom's best friend so naturally we were best friends too. She's 5 years younger than me but I love hanging out with her.

                       I walked her over to the table and introduced her to Josh and the twins. She already knew Cole from when we were younger. The twins fell in love with her immediatly. Josh just smiled politely and clung to me. He never does that. I'll ask about it later.

                       We let her go over to her brother who was waiting for her and we left. I drove us all home and the twins ran to go play.

                       Cole went inside and went to take a shower since he had work in about an hour.

                       "Josh, are you okay? You seemed upset by Neveah." I asked, not wanting to push him.

                       "I'm okay, princess. I just don't do too well with new people. It'll be better next time." he responded. I smiled and nodded, sitting next to him on the porch.