Introductions

Justin came running into the room while Chris was checking my vitals and asking if I needed anything.

                                   Once Chris left, he walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. I grabbed his hand and told him I was fine before I moved over so he can lay down with me.

                                  "So what did he do this time?" Justin asked after sitting in silence for a few minutes.

                                 "Fractured a few of my ribs. I got a few cuts and bruises too. Nothing too major. I'll be fine." I shrugged.

                                "The bastard did WHAT?!"

                                I flinched when he raised his voice. "Chill, Jus. He got arressted and Cole took care of him before it got too bad."

                               "Sorry. That ticks me off that he even thought of hurting y'all." he whispered as he put his arm around my shoulder. I rested my cheek against his shoulder gently.

                               "It's fine. So.. you and Missy are having a kid?" I smiled, chaning to a lighter subject.

                              "Two. Twin boys." he grinned.

                              Almost immediately his smile fell and he got a sad look in his eyes. He had had a twin. He lost him in a car accident in high school. They were really close, and, at 27 years old it was still hard for Justin. He blames himself because he was behind the wheel when it happened. It was really hard for him and sometimes still is.

                              I nodded and told him he should go home and get some sleep. He looked exhausted. But, he wanted to stay a little longer because we hadn't seen each other in forever.

                             We both ended up falling asleep in the hospital bed. I only woke up to the sound of the door opening and saw Josh walk in with a girl I'd never seen before. He looked as confused as I felt right then.

                            "Justin. My older cousin." I whispered.

                            "Dahlia. My older sister." he said, nodding towards the girl next to him.