One Last Hurrah

Theo quickly ran back over to the female side of the prison, where Roman, Sidney, Georgina & Deidre stayed. He had to tell them that Mara was dead, and now they could survive. Survive without her interference that is. He quickly bolted from the male side into the female side, looking behind him frequently.

Mara was motionless on the floor directly next to the puddle. She opened her eyes, and her backup generator kicked in. Sure, it wasn't as strong as her core generator, but it still had the mission to "kill everyone."
Mara quickly got up and began to chase towards Theo down the hall. She could hear his heart beating. The little fucker deserved to pay. The only real thought in Mara's brain at that very moment was four words:
"Mass Annihilation, Ruin All"

Roman poured 3 bottles of hydrogen peroxide into the empty paint bucket. He had to be prepared. Mara would most likely come bolting around the hall. They heard footsteps rapidly approaching, but they weren't ready yet. Roman popped the lid off of one of the bottles of vinegar, ready to pour it in.
When he saw who turned around the corner, he quickly stopped himself from pouring it into the bucket of hydrogen peroxide. "Theo!" Deidre exclaimed. "You came back!"
Theo smiled and said, "Mara's dead. I killed her." Roman wished he could believe Theo, but there was an issue. "Are you sure? Mara has a backup generator that could very easily turn back on." Roman asked. A look of uncertainty crossed Theo's face, and Mara was rapidly approaching.
Mara turned around the corner, and Roman was ready. He poured the vinegar into the hydrogen peroxide solution. He quickly took the bucket and grinned. "Nice reunion, Mara." He said.
Mara didn't recognize Roman as her creator, but he in fact was. He had hard wired her to not truly know who he was unless he spoke her name three times in a row. "Mara, Mara, Mara."
A look of shock, hurt and betrayal crossed Deidre's face as she stared at Roman in disbelief. He grinned.
Even with Roman saying her name 3 times, she didn't seem to recognize him. This instilled fear in Roman. She lifted the pistol and fired a round at Roman, which he missed. "KILL THEM! NOT ME!" Roman shrieked. Mara ignored this, and Georgina grabbed Sidney, Deidre & Theo and bolted.
"I AM YOUR CREATOR! I DEMAND-" Roman was interrupted when Mara kicked the bucket on the floor, sending peracetic acid all over him. Roman shrieked in agony and fear as his legs began to burn.
He fell to the floor and began to writhe in agony. Mara quickly shot him in the head, before moving on to kill the remaining four. Yet again, Mass Annihilation, Ruin All, was repeating inside of her mind.
Roman had never been on the same level as the inmates in Brooklyn Falls, in fact he was a government official under the guise of being an inmate. His goal had been to make sure Mara operated properly, and he knew the acid could most likely detonate her self destruct button, and Roman knew it would have been necessary considering there were still quite a few stragglers.

The acid began eating away at Mara's feet. Her backup processor knew that she was dying, and she had to do something quickly. She began looking inside of herself for the self destruct mechanism. She found it fairly quickly, even though her performance was rapidly becoming worse and worse.
With some concentration, she managed to start the self destruction count down. Her explosion would be equivalent to a C4 explosion. Anyone within 25 meters would be incinerated, even those in hiding.
The countdown was at 45 seconds. Her systems had begun manually shutting down to cooperate with the self destruction process. At 10 seconds, Mara would no longer be a robot but more like a bomb. All of her internal systems would be disabled.

By now, Deidre, Georgina, Theo & Sidney had made it to the male side of the prison. "Did you hear what Roman said?" Theo asked. Deidre nodded sadly. "I always knew he was a piece of shit deep down." Sidney said. The timer was down to 30 seconds.
Georgina fought back the urge to vomit as she entered the male side of the prison. The stench of burning corpses was overwhelming. They were heading to the crawl space, which would require some effort to move the melted cabinet. 20 seconds.
The four bolted to the janitors closet and began trying to move the cabinet, to no avail. The melted metal had begun to harden and meld with the floor. "Fuck!" Theo screamed, tears pouring down his face. 15 seconds.
"What are we gonna do?" Deidre shrieked, terrified. "Mara may be directly behind us!" She screamed. They had no idea that in only 10 seconds, the walking bomb that Mara now was would detonate.
Georgina tried to move the cabinet yet again, to no avail. 9. Deidre was wiping tears from her eyes. 8. Theo tried figuring out where else they could go. 7. Sidney tried helping Georgina move the cabinet. 6. Screams resounded throughout the prison as people continued killing each other. 5. 4. 3. 2. Georgina took one last breath. 1.