x. chapter ten

( songs for the chapter)
stairway to heaven // led zeppelin
we'll meet again // vera lynn

"You okay over there, princess?" Eddie asked the brunette who's head was placed in her palms again

"Yeah, you seem like you're thinking about something that's stressing you out." Chrissy joined him on his question, putting a hand on the girl's leg with a concerned look.

"No, yeah. Everything's fine. I'm fine."

Ruby was in fact, not fine, and had a full on panic fit inside her head. But no need to dump it all on them. They have their own problems. And not to mention, one pf the reasons she's panicking is the beautiful boy sitting beside her. Maybe she'll talk to Chrissy about it when it's just the two of them.

They pulled up to Eddie's trailer, that was just across from the Mayfields' and Ruby could see Max feeding a dog as she got out of the van.

"This is, uh, my castle." Eddie said as he pointed his hand at the trailer, showing it to the two girls.

"Sweet castle, Munson. But I have to get going. Chris, you going to be okay?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah. You can go, I'm fine." Chrissy hugged her. "Love you."

"Love you too, darling." She hugged her back. "Bye."

"See ya, hazel." Eddie called to her as she began to walk away. "See ya, Munson." She smiled to herself before making eye contact with the Mayfield girl.

"Maxi!" The hazel eyed girl smiled and waved at her, running towards where she was standing near the dog's fence cage.

"Finally! Rubs, I was starting to get worried." The ginger met her half way and pulled her into an embrace.

"Why is everyone always so worried around here? Y'all need to chill." Ruby hugged her back, happy to see Max already. She's been looking forward to seeing her all day long.

"Well, never mind. Let's go inside?" The younger girl suggested, but the dog barked and jumped against the fence, demanding more food. Max rolled her eyes and smiled. "One more. That's it though, alright? Good boy."

Ruby put a hand around Max and they made their way to the caravan.

"I need to make a quick phone call to Steve. He wanted to make sure I got here safely." The brunette said as she walked to the phone, Max locking the front door behind them. "He's so worried all the time." The ginger laughed lightly as the Buckley girl dialed the numbers. "Yeah, he is." She smirked to herself. "It's cute."

***

The two girls were sitting on the couch, watching a movie and chatting.

Suddenly, the tv's static crackled. Max sighed loudly. "Come on." She got up from her seat and banged on the tv, trying to make it work normally again. Then, the lights started flickering.