ii. chapter two

( songs for the chapter )
love of my life // queen
skinny love // bon iver

( songs for the chapter )love of my life // queenskinny love // bon iver

Thursday, July 4th, 1985.

The whole group of teenagers was gathered in the second floor of Starcourt Mall.

They noticed that El, Max and Mike were missing, but no one had the time to go look for them. Not until they take down the creature in front of them.

The Mind Flayer.

Ruby, Robin and Steve were in one of the corners, throwing fireworks at the disgusting thing that stood in the middle of the Mall's lobby.

Suddenly, she saw him.

Billy.

The love of her life, emerging from the shadows of the building with a girl thrown on one of his shoulders.

She saw how his eyes were so emotionless, but full of determination, as he placed the girl, who she then realized was Eleven, on the floor and whispered something in her ear.

Her heart broke at the sight, but she had to help her sister and friends fight this creature.

This revolting thing that took over her lovers mind.

She had to bring him back to her.

Ruby heard Steve shout through the explosions "shit, shit, shit. WE'RE OUT."

They ran out of fireworks. None left to fight with, to defend themselves and her boyfriend with.

The brunette girl, shaken from the situation they were all in, started walking towards the railing of the mall, looking down, searching for her possessed boyfriend with her eyes.

She spotted him standing in front of the monster, as if he was shielding someone with his body, tears in his eyes. El was lying there, looking terrified as Billy walked further towards the monster in front of him.

"Billy!" Ruby screamed. Her eyes glossy with the tears that started to form in her eyes. Barely half a second passed and the creature shoots one of his arms out, but Billy manages to catch it with both his arms and fight back, but the creature sends another branch of human flesh out and stabs Billy. Without thinking, Ruby ran as fast as she could down the stairs to her soul mate.

By the time she got down she could hear him scream in pain, multiple sharp teeth laced arms already inside of his body, lifting him above the ground as another shot itself right into his chest, a dark crimson liquid running down every inch of his beautifully sculpted body.

The brunette's ears were ringing, Max's muffled shouting was heard in the distance as Billy was dropping to the floor.

The monster also collapsing to the ground with a loud thud.