Spark 24

"Ji, hurry up!" Bea was rushing around their room grabbing her stuff, as I she checked her phone after receiving the 5th message from their captain.

"Bus leaves in 15 minutes. Where are you?" The message read.

29 April 2015. Last day of training before the start of the U23 games in 2 days. Today, they will all check in at the hotel which will house the entire team for the next 2 weeks.

"Ji come on!" She was sweating and getting worried as Alyssa has texted her that they were the only ones missing. "You know how Ate Ly hates late people!"

"I'm sorry Bei" Jia was scampering around the room, hopping as she tried to wear hear shoes while running around, tripping over our bags. "Ow, shoot" she cursed as she caught herself on the bed, stopping her fall.

"What else do you need?"

"My kneepads... There, in my cabinet" she screamed, and Bea ran and tried to stuff anything she can find lying around inside Jia's bag.

"I'm sorry I woke up late!"

"No time to discuss that now Ji. Seriously, we only have 5 minutes before Ate Ly whips our bottoms"

"Gosh...My shoes! Grab my shoes"

"Ok, let's go!" I carried both of our bags as I slung these on my shoulders. Gripping her hand, Bea half-dragged her out of the dorm towards the gym where the rest of the team was waiting.

"Bei, too fast!! Your legs are double the length of mine, just in case you forgot!!" Jia screamed.

"You can rest later Ji after we escape Ate Ly's wrath. Run!!!" Bea tightened her grip on her as they continued sprinting towards the gym.

They reached the gym and they were both panting and out of breath. Checking her watch, they literally had 30 seconds to spare. "Photo finish!!" Bea screamed and high fived her other teammates, but Ly had one eyebrow raised at them.

"I'm sorry Ate Ly, it was my fault" Jia immediately apologized. "Bea was only late because she had to wait for me."

Bea immediately ran to Jia when she saw the latter doubled-over and clutching her tummy where her sides hurt. She rubbed Jia's back to relieve her and kept wiping her forehead where she sweat heavily.

"Come on Ly, cut them some slack," Ella shouted from her window seat inside the bus, "the lovebirds just wanted to enjoy the nest before the motherbird comes back." She snickered.

"Huh, What?!?" Ly, Bea, and Ji simultaneously said.

Ella just shook her head and placed her earphones on, ignoring them.

"Go on, everyone on the bus" Ly ordered.

Bea carried both of their bags and she took Jia's hand in hers, clasping their hands together. "Don't worry, she's not really mad at us, she's just worried. You know how she is".

Jia just nodded, but her forehead was still creased as she was still bothered by their offense. She was surprised when Bea suddenly stopped, held her face and kissed her forehead gently. She couldn't help the deep sigh of contentment she let out, and the involuntary smile that formed on her lips.

"There... All better. You're cute when you smile" Bea winked at her, before clasping their hands again to lead her towards the bus.

Jia just shook her head, and lightly smacked Bea's back, before leaning her head on Bea's shoulder as they walked hand-in-hand.

----------

Jia laid down on her bed as she was busy tinkering with her phone. Trying to distract herself, she wanted to zone out of the mounting pressure of their games in 2 days.